Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No camera? Dial-in to your next 3CX WebMeeting

Discussion in '3CX News / Tech Articles / Product Releases' started by Bianca, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:35 AM.

No camera? Dial-in to your next 3CX WebMeeting 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nick Galea, accentlogic and jed like this.
  2. ericbramini

This is great! A much needed feature that can now compete with some of those well-known web conference solutions.

Here is something that instantly came to my mind when reading this. When someone participates via computer in a web meeting, it counts against the maximum webmeeting participant count. When someone dials in to a web meeting by phone, I would hope it would still count against the webmeeting max participants and not the 3CX simultaneous call license limits. Can anyone confirm how that works?

Nick Galea likes this.
  3. icg1

Great feature! Just tested on our beta-PBX, and it works!
    The only question, would it be able to dial-in with video from in-room SIP video conference systems like Polycom, LifeSize etc. via PBX conference or direct SIP link, cause if you'll have this feature, 3CX Webmeeting can really beat BlueJeans and Webex and switch customers, using BlueJeans/Webex to 3CX as a complete communication solution.

Nick Galea and craigreilly like this.
  4. stalley

I've always been excited about the web-conferencing potential of 3cx, but until it is browser agnostic (not dependent on Chrome) it's pretty useless except for an in-house conference tool where you can control the browser in use. You can't expect a random outside client to always use Chrome as default browser.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Cheers! A lot of work is going into WebMeeting as more and more people are using it in plethora of different types of businesses: Online Tutoring, CV Writing, Remote interview services, Travel Bookings and even insurance. It's really super easy and quick to use!

Regarding Dial-In. You're technically dialing and connecting via a DID setup on your PBX. This uses a PBX sim call AND a WebMeeting seat and this makes sense!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear, as intended, it works quick and easily out of the box!
    Stick around long enough and you may get to see something SIP connector related.

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Give WebRTC a few more years and i'm sure that'll change. There's a lot of development happening right now in the WebRTC world and it's unfair to dismiss it so easily. Also according to what we're seeing, the vast majority of users out there are already using Chrome and Firefox. A not so bad percentage of people aren't as unwilling to switch to a new browser as you think they are.

There's are exceptions as in all things of course.

8. tratz

tratz New Member

Question about the dial in service:

I assume that it connects to the PBX and uses a call license. My question is that one of our PBXes is a 32 SC. It comes with a 100 concurrent license for web meetings. Granted we have never reached it but have had 20 or more people on for a training class using a mic and speakers for the trainer and just speakers for each trainer. The issue becomes if they dial in to the PBX, we are eating 20 licenses out of the 32 SC PBX. Is either the webclient not going to count toward the license(as most webclient licenses are far out exceeding the SC license as previously they were separate but equal) or are they counting and the webclient license will be throttled back to match the SC license (simiar to the audio bridge that is included). I am really happy for the dial in service as previously i have had to purchase an audio bridge to cover the differences for the webclient as not all of my vendors or clients have the ability to use a computer and would prefer the dial in for a video conference.

--Tracy

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks for your nice feedback. No it does not support those systems which are outdated and super expensive. You can easily setup cool in room conference room using much less expensive Logitech system. We are working on publishing a blog post how we setup our conference room at 3CX on a $1000 budget with same results as Polycom / Lifesize etc.

SR Direct likes this.
  10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

That's very far from the truth. Chrome is by far the most used browser and together with Firefox make up a good 90% of the business browsing market.

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

It will use a license on both unfortunately. But keep in mind you can now easily upgrade and at a very competitive cost in place. Think of all the money you will save compared to having separate webex accounts for all users in your company. The savings are massive for just a few bucks extra per year.

12. Eliq91

I tried this on a new v16 install and I am wondering if I am missing something in the configuration. It does to seem to be populating a call in number.

13. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try under PBX > Settings > Conferencing > Audio > Conference External Numbers and fill this up with the numbers you want to show. Also make sure your MyPhone port (5001) is open for bidirectional communication with webmeeting.3cx.net

14. Eliq91

Still not showing any option for call in.

Attached Files:

15. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure you're not within the following restrictions as mentioned in the blog post.
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/dial-in-web-meeting/

#15 LeonidasG, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:33 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 5:59 PM
    jed likes this.