no computer generated audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cogpartners, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cogpartners

installed latest version on an HP desktop (a6200n) running server 2008 R2. voice calls work fine in and out internally as well as via SIP trunk. skype gateway also works fine in and out.

The problem is I have no prompts. By that i mean, no voicemail promots, no digital receptionist promts (even after uploading the WAV file greeting), etc.

The problem is seen on all phones, from inside or outside.

Thoughts?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I suspect that you need to enable audio playback (media player?) on the server so the machine is capable of playing (knows what to do with) wav/mp3/audio files. I seem to recall something about enabling "Desktop Experience", not sure it that applies in your case.

3. cogpartners

I believe that only applies when using RDP to get to the server. I do use VNC to get to it due to RDP problems with Skype. That being said, when not logged in, the service itself needs to the playback ability. I will look some on how to ensure that is possible.

Any other ideas in the meantime would be nice. Worst case, I could bring up a Windows 7 or XP box, but I like the added security/management of running a server on server OS.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you open Windows Explorer, and click on an audio (wav/MP3) file of some sort, does it know what to do with the file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.