Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

NO DIGITS DISPLAYED after dialling prefix 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yaca, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaca

Hi,

Is it normal that the digits of the dialled number don't display on the phone once the Number Prefix has been pressed? The prexif 9 routes to the PSTN line so there is a PSTN line tone after 9 but it's a bit frustrating the users don't see the numbers punched on the phone after 9.

Many thanks for any suggestions to this.

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

This 2 stage dialing
    dial all your number in 1 step
    what is your ip phone and pstn gateway?

3. yaca

Thanks for a quick reply. I am using SPA3102 as a gateway and telephones SPA942, SPA901 and ATAs PAP2T. I also have a n Outbound Rule for VoIP SIP Trunk that does not require Number Prefix so I just dial straight away the number and that looks good but to go out through PSTN I guess I have to dial Number Prefix.

Thanks for all your help.

4. Cjay

Cjay New Member

No - this is not normal. Following on from your other thread this would seem to confirm a dial plan issue in your 942 that is forcing immediate dial out after certain digits are entered and effectively giving you 2 stage dialling. What is your SPA942 dial plan (the one in the phone, not in 3cx)?

Chris

5. yaca

Hi Chris,

Thanks for chasing this up. Indeed I have a dial plan that immidiatelly dials up after 9. I did that because when I wanted to dial the whole number with 9 in front of it I suddenly got a an outside PSTN dial tone somewhere in the middle of inserting the digits. The dial tone looks like that:

(P9 | 9S0 | [1-8]xxS0 | *xx | [3469]11 | 0 | 00 | [2-9] xxxxxx | 1xxx [2-9] xxxxxxS0 | xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

What would be your suggestion to change this dial plan to enable 1 stage dialing with 9 in front to go out to PSTN as well as dialling 14 or more digits numbers wihtout number prefix?

Thanks in advance.
    Remy

6. galal202

galal202 New Member

this the original dial plan
    (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
    and it works fine

7. yaca

Thanks, I will give it a try. I think I actually started off from the default dial plan on the phone...

8. mickp

If you have numbers that start with 9 that you could possibly need to dial then i'd suggest setting a length for the dial plan in 3cx or choose another number.

Mick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.