Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

no dtmf tones when calling out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by webguyz, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Have the Skype Gateway working well, but when using it I can not generate touch tones when going to a site like an online pharmacy. Have the latest version of 3CX and Skype Gateway.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What device, ATA/VoIP phone are you generating the tones with? Sometimes changing the way the device sends DTMF information , in-band, or as SIP messages, can make a difference. Someone found that certain analogue phones, when using an ATA, generate such a short burst that it doesn't get through. This was via a Gateway to the PSTN, but the principle may be the same.

3. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Using an ATA (PAP2). This same phone works fine when I access my other outbound Gateway, a SPA3102 connected to an Ooma Telo, and it generates touchtones without a problem leading me to believe its a Skype problem. Will take another look at the 3CX settings. If other people are getting touchtones using Skype gateway then it must be an issue on my side. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a known issue.

Thanks!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've personally have issues with DTMF not getting though an SPA3000 (or 3102) going to a Magicjack. The tones are there, but are too short a duration for the MJ to detect.

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

As far as I can remember, Skype client cannot send DTMF (properly) to (some) PSTN numbers, at least in some older versions. To verify this, please do the following test:
    - stop the gateway and from its console, for the corresponding channel, click the Skype button to open its corresponding Skype client.
    - from this skype client, try to call the online pharmacy number and see if DTMF tones works ok - if not, there is the Skype problem, not involving the gateway.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. caddlykid

i am having the same problem with it seems that cannot send dtmf tone. when using skype client directly it can send dtmf but when i use 3cx softphone or the ata it cannot send dtmf tone. please help.

7. g.moretti

same issue here... calls made by skypeout doesn't send tones...
    same number, called by pstn line with same ip phone, tones works fine
    same number, called by skype client with same account and skypeout, tones works fine.

8. mobidutch

I was able to get this to work with my Cisco SPA525G phone by changing the DTMF method to "Inband".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.