No email sent on voice mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MatsW, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatsW

I have configured voicemail with email option "Send as attachment and delete from mbox", but I'm not getting any emails. Is 3CX server logging failures somewhere ?

2. MatsW

If I take a network trace on the 3CX server then there is no attempt to send anything to the mailserver when I record a voice mail. It therefore seems like the email is either never generated or blocked by the 3CX server.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using a licence, or the "Free" version?

Did any emails, of any type, like error messages, ever work? If not then your email server settings may require some tweaking.

4. MatsW

This is a licensed installation. It used to work, but it hasn't been working for quite some time. But now I really need to get this working. What is odd is that I can't see any signs of the 3CX server even trying to contact the mail server.

Is there some way to get some more debugging info from 3CX server to see what it does ?

5. MatsW

This is a licensed installation. It used to work, but it hasn't been working for quite some time. But now I really need to get this working. What is odd is that I can't see any signs of the 3CX server even trying to contact the mail server.

Is there some way to get some more debugging info from 3CX server to see what it does ?

6. kevin

kevin Member

you might find some pointers in CallHistoryService.log

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MatsW

CallHistoryService.log didn't have anything of interest (it seemsed), but 3CXIvrServer.trace.log showed the following

19:29:42.589|3524|api\VXItelImpl.cpp(148):IvrDll, VXItelImpl::Impl::IntrnTransfer(), Error! Error of 'From_15_To_11_Menu_RecordMessage_#0/10' session transferring to sip:11@127.0.0.1:5060. Status: NEAR_END_DISCONNECT. Transfer error. Session stopped

If this can give some clue

8. kevin

kevin Member

You can safely ignore this message, it is unrelated to the email sending process...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Send the welcome email to an address you can access.. the system will at least complain when it doesn't work there.

If it does not, do what you can at the SMTP server.. like the log files. I know, not always possible if you don't also manage that.

10. MatsW

The reason why my mailserver (Exchange 2010) didn't receive/accept any voicemail or other event messages from the 3CX server was that Exchange 2010 comes with a default server hub-transport configuration which requires sender that is on the same subnet as the Exchange server to provide authenticaion for a valid Windows user (See Exchange Management Console / Server configuration / Hub transport / Receive connectors / Default < server name>).

What is odd thou is that I'm not getting any event-mails even if I've enabled the event "Log in and out of 3CX management console" and set the same receive email address as used for testing voicemail.

11. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Take it for what it's worth, I tend to configure an open relay receive connector and add the PBX address (and other sending hosts) to it.

When you try to send the welcome email for an extension.. it will at least "tell" you when it failed.. versus wondering or checking for mail.. or MTA logs..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.