no extention is registering anymore

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

at the moment no extention is registering anymore, i tried X-pro, PAP2, fritz box fon and none of their relative extention is registering the 3CX

any ideas?

thanks

2. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

What about extensions that had registered in the past? are they working?

To test an extension you can use our free SIP Phone;

http://www.3cx.com/voip/voip-phone/

If in any difficulties you can follow the SIP phone step by step guide in our manual;

http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/

Unfortunatly we do not have guides for the mentioned phones, but we do have some other (common) phone configurations included in the manual. Please be sure to have a look.

Thank you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, with the use of pap2 and x-pro extentions were able to register, but not anymore now

4. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Please have a look with the Soft Phone. The installation is very light and can be removed without and repercussions.

In the mean time if you wish, please compress and send over the files in; C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Bin\3CX\Logs
    The files there contain the registration and call events.

support can be reached at support@3cx.com

Thanks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the same story with 3cx softphone

6. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Can you confirm the services are running? If they are please restart the "3CX PhoneSystem" Service, and see if that makes any difference.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

id you mean logout than login again, there is no difference, if you mean something else, i dont see anything under the menu to restart it

thanks

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

extensions status

Hi Yaman,

Could you go to the server status page, and then copy and paste the status log to an email and send it to support@3cx.com? Then we can see what happened to the extensions.

After that, try going to the services control panel and restart the services of 3cx phone system, particular the phone system service itself (top one called 3cx phone system)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my extensions are not connecting either. I am using a tablet pc and pocket pc running Microsoft Portrait. They both say they register but when I check line status none are registered, or am I confused about what that status page shows.

I also have a 1120S converted to 1120S that is not registering either.

I only wanna use this inside my house and may be in the future for internet to internet calling. But for now it's just a in the home thing.

p.s. I have all devices (D-LINK 1120S GATEWAY, 3CX server, Microsoft Portrait clients) connected to one router, on the ethernet side. is this setup ok?

05:47:35.712 >>> Log started >>>
    05:47:36.413 SessionMgr::run ** Adding transports **
    05:47:36.453 SessionMgr::run ** Initialize DUM **
    05:47:36.453 SessionMgr::run ** Initialize Server Authentication **
    05:47:36.453 SessionMgr::run ** Initialize Client Authentication **
    05:47:36.663 SessionMgr::run ** Initialize Lines Manager **
    05:47:36.894 ::ListenConnect SL: connected leetek:0/MediaServer at [leetek]/MediaServer
    05:47:36.894 ::MediaServerConnected Media Server is connected
    05:47:36.994 ::DBA ** Database connection Ok **
    05:47:38.316 SessionMgr::run ** Initialize Status Monitor **
    05:47:38.636 SessionMgr::run ** Start Session Manager **
    05:47:38.636 SessionMgr::thread ** Entering Main Loop **
    08:24:25.703 ::ListenConnect SL: connected leetek:0/PHPExtension_0 at [leetek]/PHPExtension_0

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

extensions not registering

Hi,

Is Microsoft Portrait a version of XP? We have never tried it but i guess it should be the same more or less as XP.

What phone are you using as extension? Soft phone, hard phone?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was also having problem of Not Registering but was able to solve the problem when i replaced the registrar IP address with Computer Name.

12. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Is your server a dhcp client? or does it have a fixed IP ?

13. ipSkillz

When all of your extensions fail to register, I'm presuming that your status monitor is reading "Offline" in a red colour.

The only way to restart the server is currently to open the services management console for windows, Start -> Run -> service.msc then right click and start any 3cx services that are't currently running.

I have a few worthwhile suggestions for the product and am testing it extensively ... I absolutley love it, for example a server restart button in the web interface would prevent this issue from causing trouble .. I nearly turfed the app because I couldnt offer it to my coporate clientele ..

Another thing is that the database connections are too many, and too slow, I suggest using mysql rather than postgres, but Ill post that in another forum.

Edit: "Corporate"