No inbound audio at remote site

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mikeoxlarge, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeoxlarge

I have a 3CX server set up on my PC at home, I have a netgear router and have forwarded all the ports listed in the documentation to my 3CX server, A relative lives a few hundred miles away and also has a netgear router and has installed the 3CX softphone on his pc, when I place a call to him he doesnt get any sound at all yet I can hear him very clearly, also when he dials in to the call attendant on the 3CX again he gets no audio, we are both on dynamic IP's and I have used dyndns, he is able to contact and log on to the 3CX by putting the dyndns address in his sofphone settings, what are we doing wrong?

regards

Mike

2. eirNetics

AFAIK there are two options for your relative:

- Use Port forwarding on his side for the Voip Client.
    - Make use of the Tunneling feature. (In the connection settings of the 3CX VOIP Client, and via Settings | Network | 3CX Tunnel tab in the 3CX Phone System Management)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikeoxlarge

chers for the reply eirnetics

what ports would he need forwarded on his side?

I've tried the tunnelling and it's doing the same again (he cant hear me but I can hear him)

thanks

Mike

4. eirNetics

Hi Mike,

I'm new to 3CX myself, so unfortunately I don't know too much about the system, but you could try the following:

On your side forward the Tunneling port (default 5090) to the 3CX Machine, and also temporarily switch off the Firewall on that machine (if it is enabled).

Hopefully this helps

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eirNetics

For the port forwarding on his side, I think you need the following:

- ports 5060 and 5070
    - The RTP Ports for the 3CX voip phone (default is 40000 - 40019) you can find the values under Connection Settings | Advanced Settings

EDIT: You could also setup his computer as the DMZ (or exposed host) to see if this works. (Only do this temporarily though, just as a test to see if the Router is blocking the traffic)

6. mikeoxlarge

We tried it in DMZ last night but he had the same problem, its really odd, I'm running exactly the same setup here at work yet It's working fine for me.

7. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hello,

what's your versoin of 3cx system and VOIP client ? because in the old version the 3cx tnnel doesn't work with 3cx v7.1.65 system.

8. mikeoxlarge

Ummmm, not sure but I downloaded them both from the site last night and installed them so I guess they'll both be pretty recent, I've tried a couple of other installations of the softphone now and it seems to work elsewhere which kind of rules out the server side. Could his ISP be blocking things?

9. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hmm it will be extrange, but why not. i don't know. if you have second provider you can test, but i am septic.

you have this version of 3cx system ,v7.1.7139 ?
    and voip client v3.6288 ?

10. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    stun server helps a lot

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please read this post: http://www.3cx.com/forums/external-extension-10137.html#p52121
    I hope it can provide some hints.
    The specifics can be investigated only in case if you provide information as requested in: http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.