No inbound audio - Only with one provider, others OK

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlag, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlag

I have 3 VOIP providers set up.
    VOIPVOIP
    Vonage Soft Phone
    FreePBX

The trunks from VOIPVOIP and Vonage work perfectly, the FreePBX trunk has no inbound audio.
    Seems strange that the other providers work and this one does not.

The macnine is on a DMZ ip address.

Router is forwarding:
    3748 tcp/udp
    5000-5500 tcp/udp
    9000-20000 udp

21:10:14.937 [MS105000] C:4.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=67.231.8.106:27574,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=172.16.0.120:7010

Firewall Checker reports no warnings or errors.

When I set the FreePBX trunk up on my astrisk server with outside IP address all works fine.

Any thoughts?

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

you would need to do a wireshark capture to see where the packets are going missing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jlag

Well I took a look with the port monitor and clearly these frames are not making it past the router. I then forwarded ports 5000 to 60000 to this machine and still don't see any frames from the provider on the lan.

I do see them with the VOIPVOIP and the Vonage Soft. It makes me think they are never getting out of the providers site.

Too bad, the latency and quality is very good on the outbound with this trunk. I really don't know what to do next with this. Can I sniff the frames on the wan side of the router? If they are there, what to do? If they aren't there, what to do?

Tried with 3 routers, ActionTec, D-Link and a Netgear.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, you can, if you have a separate modem and router, insert a HUB (not a switch) in-between. Connect the PC running Wireshark to one of the other ports. If the PC is set to use DHCP it should pick up a second public IP from your provider, if they allow you to have one.

5. jlag

I got everything setup for packet sniffing on the wan side. I moved 3cx to a different machine so I could clone the MAC address to eliminate my router from the equation as well. When I connected the test computer to the network, before I even took the router out of the loop, everything started working. The frames that were not on the net before magically appeared. Interesting stuff.

Thanks for the help. All is at least communicating now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.