Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No Inbound Audio

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Samwise, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samwise

My outbound audio is working fine people can hear me no problem
    There is no inbound audio meaning i cant hear people on the other end.

I'm extreemly disapointed i love the application love the GUI

I want it work

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

You could try disabling / configuring your router's firewall and see if that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluespiderit

Is QOS setup/setup incorrectly on your router?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Samwise

The firewall is totaly disabled /deactivated

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Sam
    To diagnose missing of incoming audio the first step is to check if you hear "touchtones" or "dialtone" when you dial - these are local sounds and will provide a good hint about how local audio playback device is set. Next, try a call to 999 (voicemail) - it's only you and the PBX. If isn't working, if PBX is located on internet, be sure you set it into "out-of office" fields, to ensure STUN resolution of RTP ports. If PBX is on intranet, be sure you set it into "in-office" field, to ensure STUN resolution is NOT invoked for RTP ports. If you suspect a firewall issue a good idea is to to use the tunnel. If none of them works, another possible issue might be the audio codec - not probable in case of 3CXPhone and 3CX PBX, however, if you have access to the PBX, try to configure on extension's page "PBX delivers audio" - this will force PBX to transcode sound.
    Regards
    vali

6. Samwise

Thankyou for your help

Worked it out it was the router blocking

Fix set the router to bridge mode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.