Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No inbound calls using V15 with Twilio Trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DavidB, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidB

Setting up a new system and extension to extension works fine. Outbound calls work but inbound calls fail. Firewall test passed. Using wireshark, I can see the SIP "invite" from Twilio but 3CX responds with Status-Line: SIP/2.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required. I have read the 3CX - Twilio setup doc - but it appears to be for an earlier version of 3CX... the options listed don't seem to exist in v15. I suspect something the SIP Trunk - Inbound Parameters needs tweaked but have to idea how to debug this issue.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DavidB

Is there any response from Twilio after the SIP/2.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required ? Are you then seeing a re-invite? Also is it an IP based trunk or an authentication based one? What service pack are you currently running of V15?
    Do you have more than one trunk on the system?

3. DavidB

Issue was finally resolved. The inbound DiD number must be in E164 format. I cannot be 100% sure, but I believe I entered the number in E164 format and it was converted to a (xxx) xxx-xxxx format at some point.

Also the SIP Trunk - InBound Parameters setting page was confusing... but this worked
    "Look for the DID number in these fields"
    User Agent: Text String
    Custom Field
    Twilio Gateway

Thanks to all that replied and messaged me with helpful hints.

4. zyrk

I can't get Twilio to work with 3CX v15. I tried DavidB sugguestions but it is still not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

"Look for the DID number in these fields"

I have them working, place this combo into the lookup

From Host Part
    GWHostPort

In the documentation I saw that XXXX.pstn.twilio.com is sent always in this part. If this still does not work re-validate the settings where the call is send to in the twillio user interface

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.