Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No inbound VOIP calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bangsjaman, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bangsjaman

Hi,

I have typed in my SIP details and outgoing calls and internal calls are working fine.
    But I cant make the Inbound calls work. When I look in the log nothing is registered when I am making an inbound call.
    But the port status tells me that the VOIP provider is green and registrered.

I am using the free edition because I want to know if things like this is working, but isnt inbound calls supported in the free edition? Or what am I doing wrong?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the caller get when calling in to the VoIP line, fast busy, right to voice mail or just continuous ringing? Have you set up a route for the calls to go to, a ring group, attendant or one extension?

3. bangsjaman

When you call you normally get "No such number".
    When I check the status with my VOIP provider, status is that the number is not even logged in.
    I have tried both with rule to an extension and to a ring group and no difference.
    As mentioned I see nothing in the log, so I dont think the call even comes to system. I think that 3CX does not log in to my SIP server and therefore no calls can be forwarded. But how can I check/correct this?

4. mbaltus

- Do you use a supported VOIP provider?
    - What is the status of the VOIP provider in the console of 3CX
    - Do you have logging of the start-up of the registration with the provider

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you call the VoIP number and get a "no such number" recording then something is really "funny". Did your provider tell you that that is the normal recording callers should get if there is no device registered? I would have thought that you would get fast busy or a recording telling you that the "called party isn't available". A "no such number" recording would have callers scratching their heads, wondering if they had been given the wrong number.

Do you have the option set that requires registration for the trunk group? Have you ever had this service working on an ATA or a softphone before? What do the logs show when you first start up 3CX and the PBX goes to register with you provider for the first time, does it show that it is successful? It should be trying to re-register at intervals, every 30 minutes to an hour or so, maybe longer.

You might want to download the 3CX soft phone( http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/voip-phone.htmland )register it with your VoIP provider(not the 3CX PBX), trying incoming and outgoing calls, just to confirm that it all works and that your passwords, etc. are correct.

6. mhanson

mhanson New Member

That really sounds like an improper inbound route (Could be you or the provider)

What do you have set for the inbound routing for that DID in your 3CX? Have you contacted your provider to get a call trace? They could tell you where that call is dropping.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bangsjaman

I finally found out that the VOIP settings as standard was set to "Require Registration for: = Do not Require".
    That was why it never connected. Now it seems to work, and I can finally start testing it for real.

thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.