No incoming calls after power failure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by val.unionstrategies, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val.unionstrategies

Faced this issue few times
    After power failure or simple hard reboot when server is back up there is no incoming calls until I restart the service (outgoing calls are working fine)
    I have 6 Yealinks and 3 windows phones none are working on incoming
    There are no errors in the event log only:
    Exchange Connector not licensed(3CXPS)...
    and
    The console is not running
    and
    Service stopped after I restart the service
    After service restart everything is working perfectly fine
    Any one faced an issue like this before?

Please help :cry: lost few calls because of that

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

What about a soft reboot of the server?
    After rebooting… is 3CX then running well, can you make and receive calls or do you have to restart the service again?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Normally, all the services will start themselves. Could it be that the devices need to be started after the PBX has come up, to register properly. I know that some devices behave differently, and one would think that if they are powered up prior to the PBX being available,, will keep re-trying to register if at first they fail. However, I've found that isn't always the case and sometimes the device has to be reset (powered off, then on) or it won't register.

So, if it is a case of the services not starting, then there is an issue with the server...hardware, perhaps a software conflict. In this case you may want to consider backing up (a couple of times to be on the safe side), and re-install, confirming that the "fresh" version doesn't suffer the same problem.

If services start properly, check to see that everything shows as registered, both trunks and sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.