No Incoming calls at time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Melvin_XIII, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    I have set up 3CX 15 on a Hyper V server. All seems to be functioning correctly at times.
    I have a Sip trunk from VTX (Switzerland) and that seems to work.
    However, sometime the following happens:
    Incoming calls suddenly don't come through. I have not yet recognised a pattern. After contacting the Provider they have told me that the call times out. The network has a static IP. It is a dedicated internet connection for 3CX. NAT is managed by a PFSense. It has the necessary ports being forwarded and no blocked access attempts coincide with the time of incoming calls.
    After the call times out at the external device (any phone) it takes about 6-10 sec and then a short incoming call is registered by the devices meant to receive the call.
    I have tried to restart the VM and sometimes that has resolved it. other times it hasn't. during the time that incoming calls can't be received the internet connection remains live and the connection to the SIP Provider is not interrupted. I have had this confirmed by the SIP provider. Internal calls can still be placed and I can also have outgoing calls.
    This will randomly occur and then it will fix itself again.
    I need to solve this ASAP. Any help is much appreciated

2. Melvin_XIII

It has just happened again. This time i have some information concerning timing.
    First of all, there is no log entry in 3cx that coincides with this happening.
    these are the known times:
    0915 outgoing call placed and completed
    0918 outgoing call initialised and terminated by caller before connecting
    0950 incoming call goes to timeout. internal extension doesn't ring. call is terminated extension rings shortly and ends.
    ...some calls in between, the same thing happens...
    1011 we realise that the system isn't working.
    I restarted the Server. After restart the problem still remains. I checked the firewall. Nothing relevant was blocked.
    1021 outgoing call. external telephone rings. call is terminated.
    1023 incoming call placed an completed successfully.

3. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    I have made another discovery.
    Shortly before the system did't permit any incoming calls I edited a DID. I changed the extension for directing the call when the office is open. After making the change the first call worked and was directed to the correct destination. The calls after that no longer came through. Not only calls to the DID that was edited but to all. DIDs (all DIDs are on one trunk).
    If I make any changes to the DID I will test how long it takes (or if it has anything to do with it at all) for the calls not to come through.

4. deanril@yahoo.com

Has this system been working normally then all a sudden this is happening?

5. Melvin_XIII

I left the system in working order on Friday. It had been working for just under two weeks. On Sunday I recognised this behaviour the first time

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are receiving calls (sort of), even if they are going to the wrong destination, there should be a 3CX activity log. The log will help identify what is happening to the call. If a call is sent from your provider, but there is no sign of that call, it times out, from the providers perspective, then it is either being sent to the wrong location, your router/firewall is blocking it, or 3CX is sending a response to end the call. The 3CX firewall Checker can help verify the correct ports are open, and the last scenario should show a log.

7. Melvin_XIII

OK, Starting with the Provider. They have been able to inform me that the calls do in fact time out. However the SIP account does not un-register, so I ask myself how can this be? If the sip account doesn't un-register (Which is supported by the evidence of the log on the Dashboard), then why does the incoming call time out? In my opinion it should time out if it cant ind the server, and if the SIP account remains registered, then the system must know where to find the server? Or is my thinking flawed?
    Now coming to the inbound calls that kind of come through. The call is placed, it times out and is terminated on the calling phone, and then, 6-10 sec after the call is ended the correct internal extension rings for a fraction of a second before it stops again. Sometimes the call is present in the 3cx Call Log. Other times it has occurred that the internal phone didn't ring at all, and in that case the call doesn't show up in the log.

In the event log the following message appears when trying to place a call during a time where no calls work:

SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 12294
    Call or Registration to >Phone Number<@(Ln.10001@VTX) has failed. 212.147.47.216 replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:212.147.47.216:5060

The last time this happened (Today between 1330 and 1336) outgoing calls weren't possible either.

Thank you for your help.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As far as this issue...I have to assume that the IP belongs to your provider. The 403 would indicate that they do not like the number you sent to them and have rejected it as "Forbidden". You'd have to speak to them about the specific call. Perhaps they can go back through the incoming call records from you, and tell you why the call was rejected.

9. Melvin_XIII

Most of the time I can call that number. it is only at during these mysterious times when the system goes haywire that this error occurs. During that time it will appear for any number.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Again, you'd have to contact your provider to provide clarification as to what is happening. It may be their issue, or it could be a problem with the Carrier that they are passing the call onto. As long as the number that you are sending to them is valid, then it is not a 3CX problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.