No Incoming Popup

Discussion in 'Android' started by rjhsystems, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjhsystems

Hello

We Have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a S4 and using the 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System V12 - Android

and when a call comes in we don't get a popup instead we have to swipe down the notification center then select the call then wait for the app to open then select answer but by the time we get to the answer button the call has gone to voicemail because of the lengthy steps to get to the answer call screen

we have tried this on other phones as well such as the HTC One, Moto X, and the Nexus 7

all have same results..

any ideas?

3CX Phone System V12
    Android Versions 4.1.2 / 4.2.2

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Didn't have that problem with CyanogenMod 10.1.. don't with SlimBean either. The calls just have that familiar ring and "take over" on the screen, wanting me to answer.

3. rjhsystems

"take over screen" did that show at the swipe to unlock screen? or did you have the phone already unlocked?

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It was locked and the display was off.. the phone was in my pocket at the time I heard the ring.

5. rjhsystems

Playing around with S3 and S4 and an LG Android on both Stock ROM and Cyanogenmod i have found a bug in 3CXPhone for System 12 - Android...

if you are in the app for example making a call and the hangup and lock the phone and a call comes in but you don't get a popup instead it puts an item in the notification drawer if you use the task manager and close out of 3CX and you get a call THEN 3CX will display popup if you hang up it goes to 3CX Phone Dialer. when the phone locks the incoming popup window no longer displays and 3cx puts the calls again into the notification causing you to unlock phone. swipe down the notification and then tap on the call and then tap on answer button (you have to keep closing the 3cx app using task manager everytime to get the popup)

also when a call comes in you dont get Caller ID instead EVERY incoming call has the your extenstion

for example your 3CX android app is registered to extention 100 and extenstion 105 calls you the caller ID in the android app shows the caller id information for YOUR extenstion and not the extension/outside number calling

also ring groups

ring group names DO NOT show on android app. for example our IP Phones when someone calls a ringgroup called BTW the ip phones say BTW:Caller Name Or Phone Number the android app shows The Android's Extenstion's name and number as the caller ID

6. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Me, too.. for what it's worth. Yep.. I know I'm 305.. uh huh.. but who's calling me?.. It is MORE important for me to screen calls when on my cell and out of the office.. before I have to tell somebody I'm out of the office and email me or something.. or let the call go and head back for the voicemail..

7. rjhsystems

Ian,

i have two S3's one is 111 (mine) other is my Boss (113)

both have same Android Version both have same 3CXPhone Version for Android (yes the one for phone system v12) and when a call comes in HIS S3 has the correct Caller ID info of the caller who is calling, my phone just has my name and ext..

we both have same phone same settings on 3CX app, both have same settings inside 3CX Management Console so i am not sure why my incoming caller id doesn't work and his did.. its bugging me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.