no management interface on WAN

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by BayMitch, Oct 11, 2017.

no management interface on WAN 5 5 8votes
5/5, 8 votes

1. BayMitch

Hi all,

from security perspective its strange that the management interface is reachable from internet, even it's coded by SSL.
    Make it possible to close the management page from internet, maybe an other port for only management.

Best regards Remko Schenk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    dyoung5 likes this.
  2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Silly English Kniggit

Why not just set a main admin username of something other than "admin", use a long secure password, and remember that it locks out after 3 failed attempts to login from any IP in a given time period. You can make the lockout period years long.
    If you REALLY need to block it, then handle that by URL blocking on the firewall in front of it.

jeroendebruijn likes this.
  4. BayMitch

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions.
    The first suggestion is not supported by 3CX so i will not implement that in production environments, for tests in test environments its nice.
    The second suggestions are the normal settings that you always set in an installation. URL blocking sounds nice but most customers do not have a second generation firewall.

Thanks for the suggestions and vote on this idea if you also see that its a security breach.

greets Remko

5. lorenzobraun

I agree. Voted!

BayMitch likes this.
  6. Jeremy Mulder

I agree and have voted.

BayMitch likes this.