• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No on-hold music after IVR selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_Ben

Reaction score
IVR is all setup to transfer to internal extensions.

Press 1 for ....
Press 2 for ......
Press 3 for ........

Caller presses 2

There is no on-hold music whilst the caller is waiting for internal extension to pick up, just dead air.

Using Yealink T22.

Any help would be appreciated.

You will find the MOH settings available in the General Settings section in the management console. You may also simply want to try by placing a call to your mobile from an 3CX extension and then putting the call on hold from the extension and see if you hear the MOH on the mobile.

I assume that the system was installed as stock and that no changes were made relative to the MOH. Normally, 3CX has a default MOH file and this always seemed to be "ready to go" out of the box for me.

I think i have found the problem.

The setup WAS out of the box but i tweaked it some.
After the caller presses an option from the IVR, i wanted to play a message that states "This call may be recorded"
In order to do that i copied that audio file over the top of "onhold.wav"

So when the caller presses an option they get that message but then no longer gets the MOH which makes sense.

So i suppose the next question would be how do i setup that it first plays the IVR, then another wave file after the caller presses an option, then plays the MOH.

Slim to best i think.

You might experiment with nesting the IVRs. In other words, you have the initial IVR which prompts the caller to make a selection. Once selected, you then direct to another IVR which has the pre-recorded message of interest and presumably no options so that the caller will only hear the message and then a timeout of minimal value that then takes the caller to whatever the next desired destination is that was predicated by their having indicated their preference in the initial IVR.

Well done, very clever.

I will try that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
southgatetech
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.