Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No Option to Pick Up Calls from Receptionist View

Discussion in 'Windows' started by thawk, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thawk

Using the Receptionist View in the Windows Client on v15, I am missing the option to pick up a ringing call. According to the documentation "You can pick up, divert or drop a call by right-clicking on the call and selecting the desired option." When a call is ringing in and I right-click my options are divert or drop. I have tried using the deskphone CTI mode (preferable) and using the softphone mode. The result is the same so I suspect some sort of permissions but I've tried changing everything I can find. Anyone out there have experience with actually picking up calls using the Receptionist View in the Windows client?

Thanks.

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @thawk,

The first thing you need to check is if the extension that you are using with the Windows Client, has "Perform operations (divert, transfer, pickup)" option enabled in Extensions>Rights Tab.
    I am assuming that this is already correctly configured, as if it weren't, you wouldn't be able to see the other two options(divert,drop) neither

The only other reason i can think of, is if you are using the same extension for Windows Client as one of the call participants. In this case, you cannot pick up the call. For example, if you have a deskphone with extension 100 and use windows client in CTI mode with the same extension then you cannot pick up a call that is ringing on deskphone with extension 100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.