Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No outbound calls on Patton 4114

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by optimus1337, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optimus1337

I was having an issue with my phones taking up to 15 seconds before it would actually start to ring, in my frustration I decided to remove the PSTN gateway and start over on that front. What I have ended up with is the ability to receive calls but not make them.

The event log in 3CX only shows Call or Registration to #######@(Ln.90001@Patton SN4114/JO/EUI) has failed. [ V4 192.168.70.31:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=1032 ] replied: 504 Server Time-out; from IP:192.168.70.31:5060.

Iv'e updated both 3CX and the Patton box to the latest software\firmware available, I've created and recreated the gateway in 3CX multiple times. My outbound rule is pretty simple, all calls on any extensions are allowed to go out.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In your previous posts, the gateway was using IP 192.168.1.5

Calling T:Line:90001>>4507630325@[Dev:sip:90002@192.168.1.5:5061]

I don't see that IP in this log. Where is the call routing?

That destination (IP) should be in the Trunk settings in 3CX. If its isn't going to the correct destination, there will never be a reply, hence the time-out.

3. optimus1337

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what previous posts you are talking about, Iv'e only ever posted on these boards one other time and it was in someone else's thread regarding the slow outgoing calls and I didn't provide an IP. The IP given in my log is the correct one for my gateway.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have checked all the IPs and they are correct in the Management Console in the Gateway settings, I would recommend resetting the GW, generating a new Config file from the Management Console and loading it into the GW again.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

optimus1337

Sorry, it was the post regarding the slow Patton gateway, saw your reply in there and made the incorrect assumption that the issues were both yours.

6. optimus1337

I did a factory reset on the Patton GW and deleted and recreated all of the settings in 3CX and it still doesn't work.

My company is moving to a new location and I just found out that my primary phone number wasn't properly transferred so it isn't active at the new location. I do have two new numbers that are active. I disconnected the primary line and now when I call out I get a prompt telling me that the number I have dialed is not in service. I assume this isn't coming from 3CX or the GW.

I should mention that this was working before I installed the most recent SP on 3CX, however, that was when my gateway had multiple ports defined in 3CX, now I only have the option to define one port. It is my understanding, from looking at the tutorial on configuring the Patton 4114, that I should only be seeing one port with the latest release of 3CX.

7. jholcombe

I had this happen once (on 12.5) and as crazy as it sounds, it was resolved by power cycling the phones. Also be sure your phones have the correct firmware and the Patton gateway has new firmware.

Patton Tech Support was very helpful with some issues we had with some of the newer templates included in 3CX.

http://www.patton.com/support/

I wish you success resolving this issue.

--John

8. optimus1337

I was finally able to get it resolved, a tech from Patton was able to remote in and fix it. Unfortunately, I have no clue what he did. I just wish I knew why the config generated by 3CX didn't work.

Thanks to all of you for helping out.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If this is still happening then you should speak to your PSTN provider. If you have confirmed that the number you are calling is working at a new location, then it may be a number porting issue. This can happen when you keep the same number but move (port) to another provider, or even to a different central office, with the same provider.

10. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Make sure to backup the Patton's running configuration to a text file in case you need to load the configuration again or the device dies and you get a replacement.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.