• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Outbound Ring on Handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianoakes

Reaction score
Howdy!

I have encountered a problem then I haven't been able to fix. We are running v132 SP6 with Polycom 335 phone.

When an internal extension dials an external number, ie their cell phone the personal dialing never hears a ring on their handset. When the person they are calling picks up they are able to hear them and have a normal call, and everything is fine. From that same extension, when they dial an internal extension they have the ring until the person picks up.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks!

What type of trunking are you using for outside calls?

We are using Broadvox/Fusion.

It may be that your provider is not sending a SIP 180 progress message once they have begun processing the call, but before the called party has answered. When they answer there should be a SIP 200 OK message received.

I assume you have no other provider to compare a Wireshark exam of what messages are being sent and received.

Perhaps another user that has trunks to the same provider can offer their experience. It may be a 3CX settings, but it may also be lack of that SIP 180 message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.