Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No Outbound with 3cx but work with softphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scooby, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooby

Hi

I have a lot of network experince but I am new to 3cx and VOIP.

My issue is simply I am unable to place an outbound call from the 3cx system.

The error I get in the log is 408, request timeout, internal, followed by No Answer. On my line status my VOIP connection shows registred and idle or active depending on if a call is being placed. I have turned off all firewalls (previously I had the relevant ports open). Inbound calls work and calls between extensions work. I am using inphonex as my voip provider, with a Spanish number configured. So I thought I would try xlite with my voip providers details and this worked, however what I did notice was is that it took a very long while for the destination number to ring. Could there be a timeout threshold setting for making outbound calls if the VOIP provider takes a long while to connect the call within 3cx?

As alterntive if you know a good Spanish VOIP provider or someone who can provide a madrid based number that would be great to try as an alternative.

I have checked my dns, i am using server 2003 sp1 for the 3cx system, win xp on the clients, adsl 8mb down 400kbs up with a netgear dg834g router,

any help most wlemcoe

thanks

Andrew

2. scooby

Solved my own issue, which is always good. Essentially I have found that the outbound rule you are told to configure breaks it. Earlier today in the offcie I was just getting a ringing tone, and then the 408 error. I came home (as after 14 hours I needed to eat) reconfgured everything on my pc using a vm and laptop whilst dinner was cooking, and after a lot of trying got it to work (after the curry my wife had cooked me had barley had chance to touch the sides), the issue was the outbound rule stripping off the leading 0, however before changing the outbound rule i did get a differnet repsonse whcih was' the number has not been recoginsed' which i was not getting ealrier in the day, just a ring tone follwed by disconnection followed by 408 in the log

Also I would add that the auto confgure for the voip inphonex conneciton is wrong and does not work for me. The auto configure does not contain a proxy config option and this is greyed out, but wihtout this i was not able to get the voip registered. I therefore went for a generic config and populated both the gateway and proxy boxes with sip.inphonex.com

Next planned stages - to get it to work with a hard phone - possibly a mitel or siemens , connect it to an analouge line - configure call routes

hope this infortmion is useful to someone

Andrew

3. scooby

I woudl add that having got back to the offcie I still could nto get it to work and was stumped for a good while. It turns out that the isseu was the router, not the config of the router but the firmware. I updated the firmware and suddenly it all burst in to life. so theres a lesson to be learnt there !

Andrew

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Andrew,

We've found some issues in version 4128, please check http://www.3cx.com/forums/updates-available-for-4128---run-check-for-updates-4615.html
    Some of these issues related to described problems.

Please keep us informed about this story.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. scooby

Hi

Firstly thanks for your reply and taking the time to have a look at my postings, apreciated.

I ran the update from the start menu option - I am now at verison 5.1.4287

I thought i would check the config of the inphonex voip option, but this still shows the sip proxy as unpopulated, which in my experince means it would not work, not a problem for me, but it might be worth correcting for other users -

The router I was using which only worked after an upgrade on the firmware was a netgear DG834G hardware verison 2 (there are 5 or 6 hardware versions of this router). I basically upgraded it to the latest available firmware for the verison 2 hardware model (be careful if you upgrade one of these to make sure you have the correct hardware verison and obtain the correct firmware verison, check on the bottom of the router)

I am now looking at a sip based conference phone (suggestions please, I have so far only found the polycom ip 4000), I have just ordered a FXO gateway to connect to the PSTN which will no doubt be fun, which i am goign to use in combination with the VOIP connection. I ahve also ordered a snom m3 cordless phone for testing. I succesfully connected the Siemens C460IP phone, but this seems to lack the option of transfering calls, which is a bit of a blow.

Andrew

6. Halea

Halea New Member

When you use 3CX's predefined InPhonex setup, only outbound proxy is not populated, and actually you don't need it. You can populate it the same as in Registrar/Proxy, but either way it should work just fine.
    Halea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.