• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No outdial tone with Cisco SPA-303 in intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone76

Reaction score
Hello,

I have no outdial tone with Cisco SPA-303 only when calling local phones.
When i compose a local number (ex 105), i do not hear any outdial tones but the 105 phone rings et we can etablish the communication and norammly speak.
If i call an external number, i can hear external outdial tone before the distant phone answers to me.

I have exactly the same outdial tone than a pap2 conneted which works perfectly.

Thanks for help

Fredo

SPA-303 and PAP2 are very similar in settings, so you should not experience any difference. Check setting like STUN and NAT, if there are connected on a different networks.

I'm assuming that you are referring to ring-back tone. A SIP device will normally supply this when it receives a SIP 180 message. From the sounds of it the set is not providing this at all and when placing an outside call, you simply hear the audio from your provider.
You may want to check the Regional Tone settings in the set. I haven't specifically used the SPA-303, but if, as eagle2 says, it is similar to the PAP2, then the settings should be under the Regional tab. Were changes made, from the default settings, to change tones to suit your local area?

Yes settings are similat but i have not the same results.
Here is ring tones PAP 2 and SPA-3003 screnshots :

PAP2 :
CapturePAP2.JPG

SPA-3003 :
CaptureCisco1.JPG

CaptureCisco2.JPG

The tones are defined there, but, there could be another option/setting that needs to be changed. Have you tried a "factory reset" of the device and starting from scratch? Just put in the basics...server, extension number, password, and see if that works. If it does, then complete the rest, trying a call after each change. I have used quite a number of Linksys/Cisco/Sipura devices, all manually configured, and never had an issue with ring-back tone, or the lack thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.