• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No phones in web console

Status
Not open for further replies.

exico

Free User
Reaction score
Hello, im new to 3CX and PBX in general.

I configured at home a 3CX phone system to try out with a voip account and 2 IP Phones and works very well.
Then i tried to replicate the system in a company and i have some problems.

At my home as router i have a Asus DSL-N55U, a netgear prosafe GS724Tv4 and a computer that host a pair of VM, including a windows with 3CX and works well, i can see all the phones in the admin page and use provisioning on them.

In the company it's a bit more complicated, 2 WANs shaped with a Pfsense box, one subnet 192.168.10.x for all the company (its not that large), a netgear switch same model as mine and 3CX runs on a physical computer with a realtek and a atheros nics.

I configured everything and seems ok (except some ports that i will nat correctly when i get rid of the voip service on one of the WAN modems) except that i cannot see any phone on the admin page neither android clients. If i configure manually a phone it works but i have no provisioning, no contacts etc.

What can cause this problem? I found that article http://www.3cx.com/docs/plug-and-play-ip-phone/ and i cannot see the IP for the multicast in any of the interfaces and the solution proposed is not applicable because im running Windows 10. I tried to disable all interfaces but one with no success. Its something blocking the multicast? What i can do to resolve this issue?

A couple of things...maybe?-

You mentioned 2 NICS, presumably one is a wireless interface (atheros) and the other is an Ethernet card. 3CX typically expects to bind to only one interface, so you may want to disable the wireless and then do the install.

You did not indicate if the phones being installed in the company are new out of the box or the same that you had when testing at the house. If the same phone from the house, then do a factory reset and reboot the phones and see. You did not mention the phone make/model/firmware.

If you have Windows or a 3rd party firewall, you should disable them to see if they may have had an impact.

Both NICs are ethernet and i did a factory reset of the phone.
The phone is a grandstream 1620 and it worked with no issue at home with a custom template.
But i tried also with the 3cx client for android and at home works but not at the office (removed and reinstalled)
Firewall in windows was disabled and no 3rd party antivirus/firewall was installed.

I tried the beta version of 3cx for debian and i can see the phones so i guess is really windows the culprit but its very strange this behavior on a freshly installed copy.

I will retry with Windows 7 and report back

Ok, everything works with Windows 7 Pro SP1, guess it was really Windows 10 or something in the physical machine (now windows 7 is virtualized).

Now im having a really strange problem with the firewall configuration.

Im running PFsense and i configured it like in the guide but:

port 5060 is ok, port 5090 unmatched mapping and for 9000 to 9255 im getting alternated ports ok and unmatched up to 9210 and the rest is ok...
What can cause this?
I thought at first that was our modem that has a analog to voip port and a account configured but i removed the port and disabled the voip configuration (Fritzbox 7430)

EDIT: it was still the fritzbox. It bind the ports anyways ever if voip is disabled. If i force a port redirect of 5090 to the pfsense box it works other than the exposed host rule.

Thank you for the assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louderapps
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.