• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No popup on incoming calls, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffboozer

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new with this forum. :)
I got a problem with the free 3cx softphone installed on my desktop with Windows7, tried to find a solution in the forum and faqs but seems nobody experienced this.
When I receive a call I can ear the ring but no popup appears, so if the program is running minimized or in the backgroud and the speakers volume is low I often miss the calls because i don't see anything.
can anyone help me? thanks!

Hi,

pop up work with 3cx assistant. is it lunch ?

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed the program from http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/voip-phone.html
I tried to manage the problem looking at the settings but nothing has changed, no popup (as described at http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/ip-phone-help/Using-3CXphone.html ) appears at incoming calls.

Pop up work with assistant but phone can appear on the top of screen. Go to configuration and tick option.

Thanks bluetel2, but maybe we're talking about two different programs... I just use the free softphone "3CXPhone" for windows, not the complete 3cx phone system (PBX).
The soft phone comes with no "assistant". I installed the same package on another pc and it works fine (popups appear), but on the office pc I'm writing from it doesn't show popups, and I don't know why. :(

yes it's that i understand. go to 3cx phone, next go to preference and next untip "prevent answering pop-up..." (uncheck this).

Yes, I've already checked and unchecked several times but it doesn't make any difference. :(

Hi
3CXphone's incoming calls popup appear only when 3CXPhone is hidden in the tray. If is in normal - active or inative - minimized in the taskbar or integrated (launched) by 3CX Call Assistant, its popup is not displayed.

As an additional remark, the option in the 3CXPhone's preferences doesnt' prevent popup to be displayed, but only its activation (focus) behavior. Also, when 3CXPhone is is in normal, but inactive state, or minimized in the task bar, an incoming call should activate it and bring it to front.

Now. What kind of OS do you have on the PC? It's a virtual pc? You have a Remote Desktop Connection window opened? Taskbar is always visible or in auto hide mode? It's placed on the bottom side of the screen or left/right/top?

Regards
vali

Hi Vali, thanks for your support!
3CXPhone is running in the tray, only a little icon near the clock is displayed.
The OS is Win 7 professional, taskbar always visible, on the top side of the screen. No remote desktop connections. No virtual machines. Latest version of 3cxphone.
I've done a plain installation on the pc, just to use my only voip number at home and at office.

duffboozer said:
The OS is Win 7 professional, taskbar always visible, on the top side of the screen.
Hi

Thanks for your feedback, based on it, I found the issue. I've checked in the code - popup is displayed above taskbar (it uses taskbar as a reference to don't be displayed on the right side of an eventually second monitor and to don't overlap taskbar's tray icons and clock) and is assumed the taskbar is on the bottom side of the screen. Therefore, when this one is vertical or on top side, popup will be displayed also above, but, obviously, outside of visible desktop :mrgreen:
Thanks for spotting it - we plan to release a first version of 3CXPhone 5.0 next week, so this issue will be fixed. Until then, the only trick to fix it is to move the taskbar on the bottom side of the screen.

Best regards
vali

OK, this one has been fixed, so next release will be ok. Thanks again for spotting.
Regards
vali

Vali_3CX said:
OK, this one has been fixed, so next release will be ok. Thanks again for spotting.
Regards
vali

Thank you for your support! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.