• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NO PRESENCE - Call failed forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALANB

Customer
Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: ACER T03
Firmware Version: [3.10.65]

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: [Phone]
Contacts: [Local|Exchange|Google]
Connection: [WiFi|3G]
Server: [Internal|External]

--------------------------------------------------------
3CX SERVER - V15.5 Beta
3CX ANDROID CLIENT 15.1.28

I have a problem with the android client when using it outside of LAN. (Note: When using the client whilst connected to local wifi then all works fine.)

If I leave the PROXY blank then I get the message CALL FAILED, FORBIDDEN when attempting a call.

By putting my FQDN in PROXY setting of the android client then my calls work, but I lose my PRESENCE information.

Any solutions to this problem?

Cheers
Alan

Hello,

Are you connected via tunnel ?

Thanks

Hi Marios,
Yes client connects via tunnel. I have port forward 5090 UDP/TCP

Your post has been edited. Please avoid posting configuration files publicly as they include sensitive data which if exposed might lead to unwanted results.

@ALANB I have sent you a P.M

Response to PM:

The question posed in the PM was: Did you run the firewall checker?

Answer: yes. All ok except 'full cone' failure on 5060. There is nothing I can do about that as the router is locked by Internet supplier. However, to my understanding it could affect the control of the RTP channels.

Needless to say the issue of no presence / call failure indicates that I haven't set up the proxy correctly or that I should turn off the tunnel when outside the LAN. I can get presence and I can make a call but not both!

I'm still working on this problem.

Open a ticket so we can see your issue closer
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.