• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

no qos support??

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter

Reaction score
Does windows 3cx phone v6 support qos?
In x-lite there's a qos option, here i can't see it.
Making a policy is not a option for me..

Most QOS is handled by the router/switch and can be based on the type of packets, MAC address or IP of a particular device. The phone does not get to make the decision on which packets, on the network, take priority. What does the QOS option, on the x-lite actually do, add a flag to the packets?

Sorry i meant phonerlite. This program sets dscp 46 (expedited forwarding) in rtp packets.
Yes you can also let your switch (must be layer 3 then) or router classify and mark voip traffic but why no make it easy to users and already do this in the softphone app?

I'm probably not running the latest version of the Windows 3CX Phone as I don't use it that often. (Much more often on Android). The thinking may be that the softphone client is probably used more often outside the "home" LAN, and if that is the case, you probably won't have any control over QOS anyway. Unless you local LAN is running close to it's maximum, then QOS will only be of concern on traffic leaving and moving to the WAN (your VoIP trunking to/from the PBX), and QOS, in that case is only effective if honoured by your internet provider, certainly more likely if your VoIP provider and ISP are one in the same.

Are you experiencing any degradation when using the 3CX phone without QOS?

Yes the last is the case, i work from a local lan with a isp and voip provider in one.
With phonerlite if i turn on qos other people can hear me noticable better! (less noise/interrupts)
I hope 3cx will also provide this feature in the future.

you can configure in windows e.g. DSCP for some particular apps...

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread ... 29-to-0x00

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?274421-Windows-7-resets-DiffServ-%28DSCP%29-to-0x00

That seems to be an odd problem as I use 3cx myphone on many instances, the majority of which are for remote workers and they never seem to have any issues with QoS. Is it an echo your hearing or just poor quality? other than using phonerlite did you make any other changes or was that change to the new softphone needed to correct the issue? The reason I ask is if I ever run into that problem I'd like to try phonerlite and see if there is a noticeably better change of service. I may try anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.