Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No recordings found

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Nick Hoogland, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Hoogland

When I try to record a call (by pressing the recording button during the call which turns on the R indicator) then after the call the list of recordings remains empty. Even after a refresh. No recording files are found on disk. Setting the 'Record as local files' setting in the Recording options does have no effect. Calling works fine.

Somewhere in the forum I found a post that recording files are located in the Program files folder. Is this correct? I can hardly imagine that this is still the case since if so then recording is not possible without administrator privilege and on Windows Vista and 7 not even with administrator privilege.

Is there any setting I could have missed?

3CX Phone: version 4.0.10858.0.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

I will try this tomorrow and come back to you, I have a laptop running windows 7, and have not used this feature on it,

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Nick
    First - no, local recordings are not stored in "Program Files" or whatsoever is called, but in user's profile folder, such as
    C:\Documents and Settings\vali_3cx\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone\Recordings
    so there should not be any problem with user rights. In fact, we already tested it on Windows 7 and recording works ok.

Now, if "Record as local files" is not checked, recording is performed by the PBX and recording files are stored on its machine.

Regards
    vali

P.S tests were done using 3CXPhone on both admin/normal users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Hoogland

Hi Vali,

Thanks for the effort. I indeed located the Recordings folder in the user profile. I have full access to that folder. The folder remains empty however even though I try to record something (with the 'Record as local files' option set). The recording indication (R) is on during recording but the list of Local recorded calls and the Recordings folder in the user profile remain empty. Everything else seems to work great. Is there something else I could try?

Note that the OS I use is a Dutch 64 bit Windows 7 Professional and I am logged in as a normal user. Running as administrator makes no difference.

Regards,

Nick

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Nick
    Quite strange, thanks for spotting this issue. I will check it and, if we will not be able to reproduce this behavior, then most probably I will send you a test (probe) version of 3CXPhone having some extra-traces, trying to figure out what's happen.

Best regards
    vali

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Nick
    Please check your PM.
    Regards
    vali

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

ok, in brief:

thanks to Nick, we located and fixed two important issues related to recording in 3cxphone. Calls are no recorded when
    - remote target contains characters allowed by SIP, but not allowed in a filename, such as speedials' *, or any outbound rule's <. >, \ and so on.
    - recording path contain diacritics.

Next version of 3CXphone will fix these issues.

Thanks Nick for help and feedback.
    vali

8. msp

msp

Good day.

I have been reading about the issue with no call recording back in March. Does any one know when the next release of the 3CX softphone will be available to fix this issue. I do know that the version I downloaded about 2 weeks ago has this issue using XP Pro.

Regards kelvin

9. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

A new version with major improvements has been release to accompany version 9, test this out with your computer and get back to us.

10. msp

msp

Hi

Have tried using softphone ver.4.0.10858.0 and there is still no recording file store in the 3cx voip phone/recording folder.

Please advise, which version of softphone to tried and the URL of the software to download.

regards kelvin

11. msp

msp

Hi

I have just tried to record using 3CXPhone4.12857 video phone. Again there is NO recorded files stored and once you switch on call recording feature you can't switch it off..

Please advise.

regards kelvin

12. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Kelvin
    Sorry for delayed answer - in the Call Recordings dialog is the "Record as local files" options checked? Then, if is, please open 3CXphone's debug window, then make a call and try to record it and have a look at the debug window, there are traces to be displayed for:
    - failure of recorder creation
    - failure of starting recording
    - failure of opening recording folder
    Hope it helps
    Regards
    vali

13. cwestfall

The recording works great. The only things missing that would make the recording option perfect would be the ability to record in MP3, but more importantly, the ability to change the location of the saved recordings. This way we could save them to a networked directory, which would really help.

14. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Which 3CXPhone version you have - as displayed in About - ? The latest one for sure supports MP3 recording, have a look on Recordings dialog, is an "Record as MP3 stereo" option. The "stereo" term is not for fun - one partner is on the left speaker, the othe - on the right. Also, some brief information is saved into MP3's ID3v1 header.
    Regards
    vali

15. cwestfall

I have (just downloaded today) version 5.0.14439.0

I DO see the Record as MP3 stereo" option now. Thank you...

Is there possibly an .ini file or other settings file that can be tweaked so as to alter the default recording directory where the audio files are saved?

Thank you!

16. bertarecchia

I'm using verison 9 and had the same issue. I searched for the filename that plays on my player. Then realized that winamp tells you the location of the file played. It turns out that the filename is different between the one played and the one stored. I found mine in:

C:\Users\{ Your Computer-Name)\AppData\Local\3CX VoIP Phone\Recordings\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.