Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No Remote Control?!

Discussion in 'Android' started by threehappypenguins, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threehappypenguins

I downloaded 3CXDroid and loved the remote control feature so I can see my Android screen. So I decided to try your device manager. I set everything up, clicked on my device, clicked on "Remote Control" and it brought up the same type of screen that my browser did with the 3CXDroid app.

But there was no remote control button! Actually, it was stripped of a whole bunch of features. I remember reading on a forum afterwards that it was because of too many problems with people who didn't have their devices rooted (I don't know what happened to this post).

Why punish everybody because some people don't have their devices rooted? Why not just give a warning that a device needs to be rooted before using? I want to be able to use this while I am on one network and my Android is on another. Can you please add this feature back? This is very frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.