• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No response to REGISTER after PC reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhearty

Reaction score
I have a new installation in a local network with a Cisco ATA186 and an X-Lite softphone. They Registered fine when first setting up the server. I had a power outage a day later, and the phones no longer Register. Wireshark on the same PC as the SIP Server shows the REGISTERs comming in, but no response going out.

Did you check the firewall? I've seen first time installs work great. Once you reboot then it gets blocked by the firewall.

Good idea. I didn't see it replying immediately after allowing UDP 5060 in the Windows firewall. I dummy updated the listen port in the general settings and restarted the PC and Registrations worked. Not sure which action fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.