No ringtone on outgoing call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by it2pimp, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it2pimp

Hi,

I have a strange problem when calling outside numbers.

Situation :
    Everything worked fine also outside calls. Until I recently moved to another town and got a new modem installed by (Telenet Belgium).
    This new modem is a modem/router in 1 device. But I wanted to use my old router so I hooked my old router behind the new modem/router and configured DMZ to the new router.
    I started my server with 3CX and everything connected after I manually set my dyndns ipadress to the new public ip adress, also external extensions connected back to my 3CX PBX.

So I was happy everything went fine, I tested internal call it rings and works great !
    But when I make an external call to my cell phone or a fixed line phone, I hear no ringing when dialing (totally no sound) !!! My cell phone rings I can pickup the call and audio is 2 way without any problems.

Info :
    I work with a VOIP provider
    I tested a direct connection with my phone to the voip provider (then everything works fine, I hear ringing when I dial an external number)
    I tested to connect the 3cx pbx directly to the modem/router but same problem (no ringtone)
    The modem/router gives ipadresses of 192.168.0.xxx , my router thats behind this modem/router gives ip adresses of 192.168.40.xxx
    I searched the forum, found some people with the same problem but no clear resolution.
    The problem must be something that is not rooted wel with this new modem/router, the old modem was only a modem and gave an public ip to my router.
    Now my router has an 192.168.0.XXX wan ipadress.
    The firewall test came out with all succes !!

I spended a whole day on trying to get this working but can't find a solution.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not certain that I understand the point of having the second router. What does it actually provide that the first one doesn't or can't?

I would expect the intenal calls to work as the router(s) really doesn't come into play. This seems (to me) to be adding way too much complication and possibly a form of double NAT'ing, although you do not indicate the port forwarding arrangement specifically with regard to 3CX. Double NAT'ting is not supported. Yes, if you have the second router connected to a LAN port of the integrated device (or behind it) and the integrated device is the DHCP server, the second router will be given a private IP.

You did not mention the version of 3CX or the OS (32 or 64) and if using STUN given the use of a domain name rather than a fixed IP. Hopefully you are on V11 and can install the lastest service pack which just came out a couple of days ago. It has a much more robust firewall checker and if you will read the release notes in the blog, you will also see addtitional info about how it checks for NAT/ALG and fixes tro STUN.

If I were you, I would eliminate the second router and focus on getting the integrated device to function the way it should.

3. it2pimp

Ok I will give it another try.

I already tested to connect the 3cx to the new modem/router. Had the same problem.

I'm updating to the new servicepack on v11 and will try the firewall checker again.

I report back when I have more news.

4. it2pimp

Ok I removed the second router and setted all settings on the default modem/router but still no luck.

The firewallchecker passes all tests. But I have no ringtone when dialing to external.

I didn't changed any settings that could be a problem. Because on my old modem before I moved everything works.

In attachment the port forwarding rules.
    I setted port 5040 for tunnel connection (instead of 5090) (only for android and iphone connection)

Weird thing is, when I connect my android over the tunnel and make a call I do have a ringtone when dialing to external number ?
    Only the phones that are connected directly to the 3cx don't have a ringtone on outgoing calls.

Attached Files:

5. lneblett

Why are you taking port 5060 and converting to 5061?

6. mixig

mixig Active Member

I think that 5060-5061 is range of ports, like line above for RTP ports, it is not forward from 5060 to 5061

7. lneblett

Good catch. Now that I see it, you are right.

I take it that the SIP agent is the same and while a different town and all, is it the same Telenet Belgium? I don't think that using the tunnel and all is working is weird.....that is exactly what it is designed to do....make traversing firewalls easier. You may need to do a wireshark capture and look at the telephony flow.

8. it2pimp

yes its the same telenet belgium, but a crappy modem/router that I received (incl homespot).

My previous was just a modem and worked great.

The problem is this modem or something telenet blocks.
    I have to change the routersettings via http://mijn.telenet.be with my login and password, but I noticed that the DMZ function doesn't work (I called and they can't fix this ! its for everyone the same with the dmz)

when I configure dmz (without port forwarding) to the 3cx pbx. I can't telnet (mypublicip) 5060, when I configure port forwarding 5060 to the same ip then the dmz I suddenly can telnet (mypublicip) 5060

So this is there fault ! I have to see with wireshark what telenet is blocking so I can't hear my ringtone !

Weird stuff ! Because when I directly connect my phone to the voip provider without 3cx I do have a ringtone !

If I find a solution I will post it. (I hope I'll find it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.