Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No Ringtone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by effect, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effect

Hi All. I use the 3CXPhone version 4.0.13527.0 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and everything works fine except I don't have a ringtone. So the only way I now when some one call's me is the popup I recieve.

I did check the preferences and all settings are good. And in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Assistant\Sounds\
    there is a Ringring.wav.

Does anyone have a solutions

Regards

Henk

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    All other "service sounds" - alerting, dial tone, busy, touchtones - are played ok?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. effect

Yes I did looked at the debug and they all all Played okay

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok, that's good. Now, two tests are possible:

- first, in the Preference dialog, check if the Ringing device volume is not set to a too low volume. Also, check if this device is not set to a different one compared with Speaker (other sounds are played on Speaker device). In any case, if you think everything is ok, press OK. This test is for phone's configuration.
    - the second test is for file/OS compatibility: since you said all other souns services plays well, then exit the phone an rename Ringing.wav as _Ringing.wav. Then copy dialtone.wav and rename it as Ringing.wav and try the phone. If it will work, then it means is a problem with the ringing.wav. If not - it means there is a problem with ringing device. Also, you may try to rename the dialtone.wav as _dialtone.wav and to copy and rename the ringing.wav as dialtone.wav to see if it's played as a dialtone. Sounds complicated, but isn't 8)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. effect

Tryed it All....But still no ringtune...dailtone is working good so I know it's not a problem with the soundcard :roll:

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    These were only tests to locate the issue. So, if you replaced ringtone.wav with dialtone.wav, you heard this one when phone rings? If yes, then it means there is a problem with the ringing.wav file (corrupted/not proper format), so in this case I will ask you to send me by PM an eMail address where to send you a new file.
    Regards
    vali

7. effect

Hi Vali,

replaced the ringing.wav with the dailtone.wav and i stil don't hear anything when the phone rings

Regards

Henk

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Henk
    Henk, can you provide here a screenshot of the Preferences dialog?
    Thanks
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.