• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Ringtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

effect

Reaction score
Hi All. I use the 3CXPhone version 4.0.13527.0 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and everything works fine except I don't have a ringtone. So the only way I now when some one call's me is the popup I recieve.

I did check the preferences and all settings are good. And in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Assistant\Sounds\
there is a Ringring.wav.

Does anyone have a solutions

Regards

Henk

effect said:
Hi All. I use the 3CXPhone version 4.0.13527.0 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and everything works fine except I don't have a ringtone. So the only way I now when some one call's me is the popup I recieve.

I did check the preferences and all settings are good. And in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Assistant\Sounds\
there is a Ringring.wav.

Does anyone have a solutions

Regards

Henk
Hi
All other "service sounds" - alerting, dial tone, busy, touchtones - are played ok?

Yes I did looked at the debug and they all all Played okay

Ok, that's good. Now, two tests are possible:

- first, in the Preference dialog, check if the Ringing device volume is not set to a too low volume. Also, check if this device is not set to a different one compared with Speaker (other sounds are played on Speaker device). In any case, if you think everything is ok, press OK. This test is for phone's configuration.
- the second test is for file/OS compatibility: since you said all other souns services plays well, then exit the phone an rename Ringing.wav as _Ringing.wav. Then copy dialtone.wav and rename it as Ringing.wav and try the phone. If it will work, then it means is a problem with the ringing.wav. If not - it means there is a problem with ringing device. Also, you may try to rename the dialtone.wav as _dialtone.wav and to copy and rename the ringing.wav as dialtone.wav to see if it's played as a dialtone. Sounds complicated, but isn't 8)

Tryed it All....But still no ringtune...dailtone is working good so I know it's not a problem with the soundcard :roll:

effect said:
Tryed it All....But still no ringtune...dailtone is working good so I know it's not a problem with the soundcard :roll:
Hi
These were only tests to locate the issue. So, if you replaced ringtone.wav with dialtone.wav, you heard this one when phone rings? If yes, then it means there is a problem with the ringing.wav file (corrupted/not proper format), so in this case I will ask you to send me by PM an eMail address where to send you a new file.
Regards
vali

Hi Vali,

replaced the ringing.wav with the dailtone.wav and i stil don't hear anything when the phone rings

Regards

Henk

effect said:
replaced the ringing.wav with the dailtone.wav and i stil don't hear anything when the phone rings
Hi Henk
Henk, can you provide here a screenshot of the Preferences dialog?
Thanks
vali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.