Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No route found message for 800 and 866 numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michealcarroll, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michealcarroll

I have successfully setup the 3CX system and am able to make local and long distance calls through NetVortex and have put in outbound routes to permit 5 digit dialing within the company. I am getting a strange "No routes found" message when trying to call 800 or 866 numbers, except when I can 800-555-1212. I get the message then there is silence and the call does then complete. I have setup the outbound rule both ways for calls beginning 866 or 800 that are ten digits in length to 1 - strip the 3 digits and prepend 1866 or 2 - not strip the 3 digits and prepend the 1. Still the same message - any help would be extremely appreciated

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

May I ask why setup a special rule for toll free numbers? In general your 10 and 11 digit dialing rules would work well for long distance and toll free numbers.

I would simply have a rule that 10 digit numbers receive a prepend - 1 and go to your trunk
    11 digit numbers go straight to your SIP trunk
    Obviously you should put above that a rule for 900 numbers to block them (if you desire to do that). i.e. numbers starting with 1900 got to null route (no port/trunk selection).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. michealcarroll

I added the route because I do have the 10 digit and 11 digit rule already in place and can make calls to regular numbers fine. I removed both the 866 and 800 routes and get the same message. It is a deep male voie saying no routes found not the usual 3CX prompt.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Sounds like a NexVortex issue to me (nort a surprise). Call them for support provided that you can dial 1+areacode+number just fine for non toll free numbers.
    Often SIP trunk providers use different routes for different destinations and since toll free is not something they charge you for they end up using a questionable carrier to cut corners. If this ends up wasting too much of your time on support, just switch SIP provider and youe issue will be resolved. it is not a 3CX issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. michealcarroll

I just received the update from nexvortex in 3 mins from my email - the fix is shown below for anyone who may have the same issue.

FYI the link http://shop.sigmavoip.com/ is currently down as I went to look at your online store.

In order to correct your outbound Caller ID problems, please make the following changes to your 3CX configuration:

On the Outbound Parameters tab of the VoIP provider configuration for nexVortex, please do the following:

Delete the 3 Remote-Party-ID headers
    Update the USER part FROM header from 'AuthID' to 'CallerNum'

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

We are about to put online our new website shortly as the site is about a year old and much has changed since. Thank you for pointing that out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.