• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No RTP Packets on 3CXPhone 3.0 with Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian.watts

Reaction score
Installed 3CXPhone from Play.. version 3.0.

On a new v12 config directly attached to the WAN on one of our statics.. it works fine.

However, I configured a tunnel connection for Out of Office mode (we firewall inbound SIP to our trunk providers..).. no audio received by the PBX from the phone. First tested on *777. Sanity checked by a cell call into my extension.. one-way audio only.. from cell to softphone.. nothing "from" the softphone.

Okay.. so being a VAR and MSP I manage multiple instances.. added a profile for somebody else.. same deal. That client does NOT have SIP firewalled (people with iPhones/iPads travelling overseas..).. again worked like a champ.

Clearly looks like either a config issue or a bug with 3.0.
So.. I still had the "3CX for VIOP providers" installed. 2.0.5. Added a profile.. *777 works like a champ on it.. WITH tunnel enabled to "our" connection.

Do we have a bug in 3.0 on Android for my Samsung?
Will test Monday.. boss has the same model/carrier and others have other Android models.

Tried a coworker's Atrix on AT&T back on Gingerbread.. same deal.
It receives audio over the tunnel, does not send.

Either there is some wonky config issue, or 3CXPhone 3.0 does not send audio over the tunnel.
Again, direct to either internal or external configs were fine.

I think you are using the wrong 3CXPhone. Mine doesn't say 3CX Phone v3, it says 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System 12 Version 12.0.29

And tunneled audio works fine.

Saw your other post.
It's not that I'm using the wrong version(s).

Both versions 3 and 12 on Android will not send audio when tunnelled. The console says that no RTP packets were received.

I point 3 to our v11 production system, and poing 12 to our v12 test system. Rechecked on the test system.. non-tunnel is fine, tunnel is not. I don't intend to leave SIP open, so the tunnel will need to work.

On my Android, I have "3CXPhone" which is 2.0.5.. and works against both v11 and v12 PBXs when tunnelled.
I then have "3CXPhone 11" which is 11.0.. does not work against both our own and a client's v11 PBXs when tunnelled. Worked fine on the client's PBX when not tunnelled (they have SIP enabled through the firewall for a few remote extensions at home offices, we don't).
Last, I have "3CXPhone 12" which is 12.0.29.. works fine against the v12 PBX when not tunnelled (SIP is open.. test..), not when it is tunnelled.

When I posted originally, 12 for Android wasn't out there yet.. but the problem remains the same on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.