Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No RTP packets received for remote extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by calsmiller, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calsmiller

Hi,

FIrst, I see a ton of posts about this topic, and I have scrubbed through them to no avail. I have a new 3CX system setup and it is working great at our offices (which are also remote as we have 3CX installed in a data center).

Problem is on Verizon FIOS networks, I am getting NO audio on any phone, device or other. It's the same on iPhone apps (bria), and now my Linksys SPA 942 (both when configured in the office work great).

Server shows RTP packets received. I've setup rules on my router to ensure the RTP ports are open.....not sure what else to try. Anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks !

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Make sure your router configured properly.
    Run firewall checker.
    Try wireshark.
    Examine logs.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This means no audio either direction, or is there audio one way?

Is Verizon FIOS serving the office where 3CX is located or just a second "remote" location where the phones have no audio?

Have you tried using the sets from another "remote" location, other than one that uses Verizon FIOS?

Do you have the sets configured to use STUN?

Have you tried changing the "PBX delivers audio" setting per extension?

4. calsmiller

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I didn't see it until now.

No audio either direction.
    All extensions are remote. 3CX is running externally in a DC
    Yes, I have successfully configured on non-fios networks
    Have not changed STUN settings
    PBX delivers audio setting is on.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would speak to Verizon about issues that they may be aware of, when using VoIP (or other applications) over their fibre.
    See if Wireshark can help, perhaps port numbers are being changed or blocked by Verizon.

Do you mean STUN is enabled on the sets?

Have you tried allowing one of the sets to pick up a public IP at the FIOS end (no router) to see if that works?
    Have you verified that it won't work at a second FIOS site?
    Have you checked the 3CX logs to see what IP/port the set is registering with?

6. calsmiller

Hi ! I thought I had resolved this issue - apparently not. Any ideas ? Here's the log. I have confirmed this is happening both on time warner and verizon fios networks. Here's the errors:

10:58:58.357 [MS105000] C:153.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=192.168.0.14:16420,extAddr=216.52.185.144:9042,localAddr=216.52.185.144:9042

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.