No RTP packets were received

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by admin77, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admin77

hi,

I 've setup a 3cx on a LAN enviroment for testing.

My setup is 2 IP Yealink T26P
    3CX free 2sc licence

I cannot perform any call between the 2 ip phones, or the IVR is not working.

Fynny thing is that i can call the other extension but no voice

And the system log mentions No RTP packets were received. So i believe that something is blocking RTP packets but everything is on a lan no firewall or anything.

I ;ve disabled even the firewall in windows just in case

What i did wrong ???

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Can dissect between either phone and the PBX by dialing the echo system extension *777 from each phone.

You should effectively "hear yourself" with whatever slight delay there may be. It tests for echo, or looping your audio back to verify rtp works.

May also want to fire up some WireShark on the PBX and capture one of the phones' addresses. You should see SIP just fine.. the question is whether you receive RTP or not in this case.

Usually a "no RTP packets received" is an issue with the PBX receiving the traffic.. firewall or other NAT/network/routing issues.. less that the handset isn't trying to send.

Unless you set "PBX Delivers Audio" for the extensions, RTP should be a direct stream from one handset to the other as specified in the SDP.. meaning the PBX shouldn't even be involved in getting the audio from one set to the other. If you have "no way audio" my gut says you have a routing problem, or they are registered on a WAN address or similar.

3. TCF

TCF

I had the same problem and it turned out to be an issue with my modem, make sure SIP Helper is turned off in the modem as well.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If this is a self contained system (no outside trunk), then my first guess would be that it is a setting/firewall on the PC running 3CX. It is possible that the switch (is it a managed switch?) you are using to connect the devices has an issue or setting that is blocking something.

5. admin77

777 doesn't work either, all the firewall's are disabled and PBX delivers audio is disabled too if that helps.

Thanks

6. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi ,

Run the firewall checker from the Management Console -> Troubleshooting -> Firewall Checker
    and from the results you should understand what is the issue .

7. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi admin77

As you have already been advised if this is a call from extension to extension and both extensions are LOCAL then the audio should be peer to peer between extensions unless you have enabled PBX delivers audio in extension settings. That Being said are the extensions in the same subnet or in separate subnets? Are they both provisioned as Local Extensions with the default templates? The IVR issue should be separated normally from the one that you have on the phones, that being said what is the installation mode that you chose during install? Full Public? Natted? local IP only?

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. admin77

Hi , everybody

it seems that something was blocking the audio in the PC and not in the network i moved the installation in another PC and everything worked just fine

Thanks for yopur help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.