• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

no sound and incomming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

olanjouw

Reaction score
Hi,

im a newbie with 3cx
i have a liitle network and use voip via a fritz.box
this is working fine

i want to run my own pbx and i installed 3cx on my 2003 server (192.168.178.20)
in the fritx box i forwarded port 5060 and 900-9005 to the server
in server firewall i openend 9000 - 9005 udp and 7000-7004 udp

i registerd a sip number with a registrar (bufgetphone in the netherlands)

i created a voip provider
and an extension

registration ports/Trunk and extension status are registered (green and idle)

then i installed 3cx voip phone on my vista 64 bit desktop (uac disabled) and configured it as extension from 3cx

problem is that i dont have incomming sound, the person at the phomenumber that im calling can hear me fine

also when somebody is calling my number nothing is happening
i have an inbound rule to connect to my extension

what is it what im doing wrong here?

thanks

I have had that same problem my self it. are you able to at least dial out and say its connected. If so check your fire wall on both your server and client computer. I spent about 3 hours trying to find out what was going on with my server and client. I first installed x-lite on the server to call out. that did not work so took for ever and tryed every thing else but what was the easyest. The firewall........ had same prob on the client and went right to that and it was the firewall that was the trouble. if not of that works try to put a DMZ on your server to allow full internet unblocked. if thats works after changeing or disableing your firewall on your systems for a few to test then it is your router thats messing up.

Re: no sound on incomming calls from remote EXTs

I'm having the same issue. I have 3 different makes of WiFi phones registered on a second wireless router on a different public IP from the 3CX. The router has been left with the default options, no port forwarding etc, to simulate a connection to a public hot spot.

I can dial through and receive calls just fine. however i get audio in one direction only, from the 3CX to the remote extensions, nothing the other way.

I have STUN enabled on all the "remote" extensions and the PBX delivers audio set to on on ALL extensions on the 3CX. I set the router that the 3CX is on to allow the 3CX IP to be DMZ to see if it is a port problem, didn't fix it. Windows (XP) firewall is disabled and i don't have any other program such as Zone Alarm running at this time, although i plan to once i get everything working properly.

I'm going to have to do some wireless packet sniffing. Just wondering if anyone else has overcome this?
Thanks, Lee

Have you run the 3CX firewall checker?

Have you checked the order of the codecs that are being used and also if the VOIP provider supports them?

Can you also post some server logs showing the inbound and outbound calls - you should set the logging to verbose so we can see all of the details first.

Have you run the 3CX firewall checker?

Yes, and i have no problems. I have all the suggested ports open and in fact i put the IP of the 3CX on the DMZ.

Have you checked the order of the codecs that are being used and also if the VOIP provider supports them?

Yes, I have , 711U is first choice 711A second . There is no VoIP provider involved at this point as the calls are EXT to EXT, one just happens to be at a remote location.

Can you also post some server logs showing the inbound and outbound calls - you should set the logging to verbose so we can see all of the details first.

If i could figure out how to cut and past the logs I would. Maybe someone can tell me how you get the logs to Notepad or another text editor. I'm using DYNDNS on the 3CX host router as a way for the WiFi phones to find it. I see the remote IP in the logs when the phones register and during call set-up, no sign of any problems, it's followed by a port number of something like 60100, I'm not at home so I'm not sure what the number was. Call set-up both directions works just fine, audio is not getting through to the 3CX, it comes through loud and clear at the remote extension though.

When i get some time, next week, I'll set up an SPA-1001 I've got sitting around and try that as a remote extension.

Well...I made some changes just before the weekend and the few calls I've tried (that i got through on at all) got two way audio. I've been trying calls from various WiFi hot spots and, of course, not having access to what ports are already in use or what is forwarded on those hotspots, doesn't help the odds of a call getting through at all.
I had originally only ports 9000 to 9015 forwarded in my router as I didn't plan on having more that a couple of in-out conversations going at the same time. I later went through the settings of the 3CX and noted that the default is to use ports 9000 to 9049 (or something like that), far more than i had set in the router. I adjusted the 3CX to match the router, and that may have done it. I'm just confused as to why it wasn't working when I set the 3CX IP as DMZ on the router, that should have allowed the calls audio to go though, but didn't. I'll do some more testing to see if this fixed it once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.