No sound during making of the call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michielpeeters, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michielpeeters

I will try to explain the problem,

When i dial a number with my polycom ip330 via 3cx, there is only silence until the person that i trying to reach pick-up the phone.
    Is there a way that i hear that the phone that im calling is ringing? Now im not sure if the phone is calling or not.

Im using 3cx 8.0.9532 and the Dutch systemprompts

Hope someone can help me.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this happening on both internal and external calls? You might want to post the 3Cx logs showing the progress of one of the calls. Sounds like some messages aren't getting back to the set during the the call.

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This actually depends on a number of factors. If I call someone who has a SIP trunk, I don't hear ringing, if I call someone on a land line, then I do hear ringing so I have found that this is an issue with the far end and not something I can control on my end.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. voipbaennjer

What trunks are you using? Analog via FXO or SIP Account?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. michielpeeters

im using a sip trunk.

When i call via the 3cx phone on my computer i can hear the sound, i also hear the sound when i call directly on the phone, but when i call via the assistent and the phone, there is no sound until the other end of the line pick up the phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.