• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

no sound on outgoing calls but other party can hear me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sepp

Reaction score
Hi,

3CX V11 on a win7 VM as server
working fine until change from Microwave link to NBN Satellite
same router settings
same port forwarding
Firewall checker reports all OK
Incoming calls work very fine in both directions
but on outgoing calls the other party can hear me, but I can't hear the other party.
Any help very much appreciated

Many thanks

Sepp

what interface and phones are in use? I am currently dealing with a similar issue using an ATA and analog phone. I had to revert a version of firmware in the ATA to overcome and in the meantime the manufacturer is looking into it.

Is this truly a satellite delivered service? I would think the latency associated to same would be a real problem and people would would have a tendency to overtalk one another.

Problem appears to be the audio ports(packets) being unable to get through, or not having the correct information on where to go, to reach you. It may also be a Codec issue. If you haven't made any changes at your end, and given that all Firewall checks pass, I would point the finger at your ISP.

A similar problem can occur when not using STUN, with remote extensions, on the older 3CX versions. I'm wondering if there is double NAT happening somewhere along the line with the new Satellite provider. Perhaps your VoIP provider is being given an incorrect IP, as the destination, to send the audio packets.

lneblett said:
what interface and phones are in use? I am currently dealing with a similar issue using an ATA and analog phone. I had to revert a version of firmware in the ATA to overcome and in the meantime the manufacturer is looking into it.

Is this truly a satellite delivered service? I would think the latency associated to same would be a real problem and people would would have a tendency to overtalk one another.

Proper VoIP phones NO analogue phones

and the quality on incoming calls is excellent the latency is hardly noticeable ... ping is 600ms

Well then Leejor is llkely correct. I was kind of hoping for my scenario as further evidence for the manufacturer. They had me run some tests and I was able to replicate the issue.

600ms would drive me nuts.

From my experience I've seen this issue twice and both are NAT issues. You may want to get with your provider and do a packet capture on both your end and their end to see if the packets are being changed at all, as you that will cause the SIP provider to send voice packets back on an incorrect port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.