Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No sound on remote connections

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by south14, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. south14

Hi
    Having a problem with a free install of v14 sp2, which works fine for local extensions (Snom 300) but if you call from a remote extension, both Snom 300 and iPhone client, it will dial and connect but there is no sound incoming or outgoing. This is the same for external calls and internal calls to other extensions. If you dial between the two remote connections it works fine and they can hear and talk to each other.
    The firewall checker shows no errors, the router (Draytek Vigor 2860) is set up identically to another site which works (only difference is that is a standard paid version).
    The only clue I can find in the activity log is that after the call is finished it says [MS105000] C:231.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=92.xxx.xxx.86:35436,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=81.xxx.xxx.88:9154
    I have run Wireshark, but have limited expertise with this, however one thing I did notice is that I was able to play back the voice from the call, so sound is reaching the PBX, its just not being passed on.
    Is this a limitation with the free version or does anyone have any clue as to what is blocking it?
    Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From what you've said, I would suspect that it is something at the remote end. How many extensions are located at one remote location. If more than one, then depending on the router (some are able to "handle" more than one SIP device at a time, better than others) used there, that may be causing an issue if you are not using the 3CX SBC. Have you tried remote extension calls from more than one location? Have each of the remote extensions been given a different , remote, ports number. In other words, they are not all assigned port 5060.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/trou ... extension/

3. south14

Thanks for the reply.
    There is only a single remote extension and yes I have tried from several locations, but the location I am using at my office at the moment has been used to set up a number of remote extensions on 3CX SBC systems without any problems, it just seems to be this one system. I have also tried the iPhone app from lots of different places, so I think it is something at the PBX end.
    Haven't used alternative ports, but since this doesn't even work when the other phones aren't being used I can't see its a conflict there.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For the iPhone, in the Extension settings in the "3CXPhone" tab make sure the "Use 3CX Tunnel..." option is enabled, then delete the account on the iPhone and send a new Welcome Email and provision it again, do not do it manually.

For the Remote Extension via STUN, I would recommend reading the following guide, especially the notes at the end of the guide:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/provisioni ... extension/

5. south14

Thank you Nick, that solved it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.