• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Sound On Wan I do have sound on Lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmond1

Reaction score
I have the 3CX system up and running. In the office all Grandstream VOIP's work fine I can call extensions and outside lines fine with my Grandstream and with my IPhone and desktop or laptops. Here is the problem out of the office on the Wan, the Grandstream VOIP Phones do not have any sound. I can connect to the 3CX system with my IPhone on the same local network and the call will have sound. On the Grandstream I can hear myself just nothing else, no one can hear me and I can't hear them.
I can call and the connection is made no problem, just no sound.
One thing I am using the 3CX tunneling software on my IPhone.

Second Question is I have 4 Sip Accounts with different area codes for people in different parts of Canada. How can I get 3CX to allow an extension to use a specific Sip Number, I think it’s in Outbound Rules, but I setup an extra rule and does not seem to work. Still uses a different Sip number (area Code).

Try the Grandstream from another remote location to see if it isn't the one router you are behind. Run the firewall check in 3CX to see if all passes. What does the registration look like? Public IP of the router showing up, or does it show the Private IP of the set?

redmond1 said:
Second Question is I have 4 Sip Accounts with different area codes for people in different parts of Canada. How can I get 3CX to allow an extension to use a specific Sip Number, I think it’s in Outbound Rules, but I setup an extra rule and does not seem to work. Still uses a different Sip number (area Code).

You would need to create four different trunk groups (each using a unique user name/number and password), along with corresponding outbound rules. This may all depend on what your provider allows you to do, what service you are paying for/how many providers are involved.

Have you also tried to use the sip proxy manager at the remote location or? Or even uses free license at the re
It'socation and bridge the two systems together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
driscolls.it
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.