No Sound On Wan I do have sound on Lan

Discussion in 'Windows' started by redmond1, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redmond1

I have the 3CX system up and running. In the office all Grandstream VOIP's work fine I can call extensions and outside lines fine with my Grandstream and with my IPhone and desktop or laptops. Here is the problem out of the office on the Wan, the Grandstream VOIP Phones do not have any sound. I can connect to the 3CX system with my IPhone on the same local network and the call will have sound. On the Grandstream I can hear myself just nothing else, no one can hear me and I can't hear them.
    I can call and the connection is made no problem, just no sound.
    One thing I am using the 3CX tunneling software on my IPhone.

Second Question is I have 4 Sip Accounts with different area codes for people in different parts of Canada. How can I get 3CX to allow an extension to use a specific Sip Number, I think it’s in Outbound Rules, but I setup an extra rule and does not seem to work. Still uses a different Sip number (area Code).

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try the Grandstream from another remote location to see if it isn't the one router you are behind. Run the firewall check in 3CX to see if all passes. What does the registration look like? Public IP of the router showing up, or does it show the Private IP of the set?

You would need to create four different trunk groups (each using a unique user name/number and password), along with corresponding outbound rules. This may all depend on what your provider allows you to do, what service you are paying for/how many providers are involved.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Have you also tried to use the sip proxy manager at the remote location or? Or even uses free license at the re
    It'socation and bridge the two systems together?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.