• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No sound when calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

inplainview

Reaction score
I can hear the person I'm calling, but they cannot hear me.

They can hear me through Skype / YM, but when I'm trying to call through 3CX they cannot hear me.

I looked everywhere for a setting and found something in Preferences > Configure sound devices used by this phone. I tried with every single device from that list of microphones, and nothing is working.

If anyone could help me out with this I'd be extremely grateful.

i need more details here

the person you are calling is using an extension of your 3cx or he is completly external?

are you using a remote extention? sip trunk?

its all about details my friend

Sounds like it may be a firewall issue, have you ran a firewall checker and ensured the proper ports are forwarded? external calls, internalcalls?Also it would defintely help if you added server logs of the calls replicating the issue.

dlazure said:
i need more details here

the person you are calling is using an extension of your 3cx or he is completly external?

are you using a remote extention? sip trunk?

its all about details my friend

Sorry, I'm new at this.

The person I'm trying to call is on a regular phone line, a cell phone or land line.

I'm not sure what a remote extension is or a sip trunk.

I'm using 3CXPhone; not sure what version because I was not able to find an About menu. Anyway, I just installed it, so it must be fresh.

What baffles me is that I can talk to them through Google Voice or Skype, and they can hear me, but not through 3CX.

Sounds like it may be a firewall issue, have you ran a firewall checker and ensured the proper ports are forwarded? external calls, internalcalls?Also it would defintely help if you added server logs of the calls replicating the issue.

What would be the proper ports to be forwarded?

I'd post the call logs, but I don't know where to get them. I looked in the Help function, but I cannot see a search field to look for them.

I'm not being lazy, I really cannot find much that could help me, so I'm really helpful for your advice.

when you run the firewall checker in the settings menu, you see all the ports tested

foward those UDP ports to your 3cx ip address

sip trunk are voip lines

if you dont have CO lines through a gateway you have sip trunk

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

this link show all the ports used by the 3cx and wich features use it

your troub;le is probably the firewall isued if you didnt know you had to foward ports

when you call someone the 3cx know where to send the packets but your router dosent know where to send the incoming packets if you dont foward the ports to your 3cx ip address

dlazure said:
when you run the firewall checker in the settings menu, you see all the ports tested

foward those UDP ports to your 3cx ip address

sip trunk are voip lines

if you dont have CO lines through a gateway you have sip trunk

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

this link show all the ports used by the 3cx and wich features use it

your troub;le is probably the firewall isued if you didnt know you had to foward ports

when you call someone the 3cx know where to send the packets but your router dosent know where to send the incoming packets if you dont foward the ports to your 3cx ip address

Cool! I'll spend some time reading all this and trying out again.

For some reason I was under the impression that it will work out of the box.

if you are new to voip its normal don't worry you will get into it fast

if you have others question i will be happy to help you

good luck with that and enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.