Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No sound when paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jazd, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazd

I have a server running 3CX Mini Edition and it has a paging group setup with 4 extensions in it. The paging group is using SIP not multicast.

The 4 extensions are Cyberdata v2 paging amplifiers, the phone being used to call the paging group is a Aastra 6755i.

When I call the paging group the Cyberdata units beep indicating that they received a call but then they dont play the call audio over the speakers. If I just call a single extension they work fine.

Does anyone have any idea's why they would work OK when calling a single extension and not the paging group? When I only had 2 of the extensions added it was working but now I've added all 4 extensions I'm getting nothing even if I remove the other extensions again.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX log?

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Cyberdata v2 paging amplifiers have never been tested by 3cx, i recommend you do a wireshark capture and identify if RTP stream is going to all these amplifiers, also make sure the sip exchange is correct.

Furthermore try and connect a 5th phone, a 3cx voip phone see how that works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jazd

Thanks for the suggestions I will do a big of digging and report back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.