No sound when paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jazd, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazd

I have a server running 3CX Mini Edition and it has a paging group setup with 4 extensions in it. The paging group is using SIP not multicast.

The 4 extensions are Cyberdata v2 paging amplifiers, the phone being used to call the paging group is a Aastra 6755i.

When I call the paging group the Cyberdata units beep indicating that they received a call but then they dont play the call audio over the speakers. If I just call a single extension they work fine.

Does anyone have any idea's why they would work OK when calling a single extension and not the paging group? When I only had 2 of the extensions added it was working but now I've added all 4 extensions I'm getting nothing even if I remove the other extensions again.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX log?

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Cyberdata v2 paging amplifiers have never been tested by 3cx, i recommend you do a wireshark capture and identify if RTP stream is going to all these amplifiers, also make sure the sip exchange is correct.

Furthermore try and connect a 5th phone, a 3cx voip phone see how that works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jazd

Thanks for the suggestions I will do a big of digging and report back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.