Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No sound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by acrumpton, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acrumpton

Hi,
    We are running CX Phone System Version5.1.4510.0

We have all remote users and a single line in for our charity helpline.
    The inbound line redirects to the extension and rings.

When answered there is no sound in either direction.

An ideas out there?

thanks & regards

Andy

2. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

How is PBX delivers audio set?

Sounds like there is a problem with the data packets travelling to/from the ports on the remote extension. Possibly firewall issues at the remote extension location.

What happens if you set up a voicemail box (at least for testing). Then dial in and see if you can hear the voicemail prompts, and, when you leave a message will the sound be recorded. If yes, then the firewall settings to/from the 3CX system appear to be fine - which again would point to the external extention as the cuprit.

Remember, port 5060 just takes care of passing on the "request". More ports are needed to transmit the actual SOUND.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. acrumpton

Thanks for the thoughts.
    At the remote end I have 6 other voip accounts with 4 providers including our PBXware switch working fine so it's not a firewall issue on the remote end. It may be a firewall issue on 3Cx end but I have opened every port I can find it might need hence the request for ideas.

To complicate matters - the box is remote and the remote phone is local.

thanks

A

4. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

And I assume you have tested:

- going local to the 3CX system and placing/receiving outside calls at a local test extension?
    - making /receiving calls between a local 3CX test extension and your remote extensions?

It sometimes helps to define the commonality vs. how the problem "shifts" when you change 1 factor at a time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.