Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved No "Templates" under Settings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JF007, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JF007

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to edit the template for a Yealink T46S to customize settings as I learned that the phone re-provisioning overwrites all the changes I made directly through the phone web UI. Every single reference I've found online tells me to go to Management Console > Settings > Templates. The problem is that "Templates" is NOT under settings. Not sure if this was a recent update or if I'm missing something. The edition comparison chart does not show this as a difference. Please help!

Thanks.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Try another browser, clear your cache

Not heard of this issue before

3. JF007

Thanks for your response Saqqara. I tried clearing the cache. Also tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari on Mac and Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge on Windows. Still no "Templates" under "Settings".

4. JF007

Also, I won't let me edit the template file when I open it by clicking "+ Config" when selecting the phone under "Phones"

5. Saqqara

This option shows the template pushed out to the phone, does not allow you to edit it

6. JF007

That makes sense. Thanks.

I'll reboot the server to see if that helps somehow. Still no "Templates"

7. Saqqara

What version of 3CX ?

Windows or Debian ?

8. JF007

It is the free cloud. Every indication is that it's a linux VM. If I run updates it says that it is up to date, so it's the latest. I believe 15.5 Update 3.

9. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Are you logged in as the Admin user?
    Please note: Lesser users don't see all things. Operator extension may not see them as well. Login as a user and not an extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. JF007

Yes, I am logged in as admin.

11. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Can I confirm one thing with you as it sounds like a similar problem I have known some re-sellers to have.

If you go into "Settings" and "Templates" can you actually access the Templates screen ? so is the issue that the templates simply do not display in the drop down box.

The issue I am talking about is normally due to insufficient resources, or you are connecting remotely to a 3CX instance with poor internet.

The templates do appear if you wait a little longer for them to load - due to the above reasons it just takes a while for them to load up.

12. JF007

I wonder what else I’m missing. Here’s what I see

- 3CX Client
    - Blacklisted Numbers
    - Call Parking
    - CDR
    - Conferencing
    - CRM Integration
    - Dial Codes
    - E164 Processing
    - Email
    - Fax Server
    - MOH
    - Timezone...
    - PBX
    - Security
    - System Prompts
    - Voicemail
    - Hotel Services

13. JF007

Thanks for your reply.

When I go to “Settings” I do not see “Templates”. I only see the 17 options listed in my previous post.

14. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

If that is the case then the only things I could think of that would effect this have already been suggested.

You have a 3CX edition that does not support "custom templates" (however the edition comparison table confirms that this is not the case): https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/

Or that you have insufficient privileges in the management console. Although there is not an exact setting to deny access to these templates, under System management there is a setting for "General System Administration" which does not list exactly what this entails.

15. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You're also missing license, Music on Hold. Sure looks like you are not a full administrator.
    There are 20 options.
    Go into security/admin credentials and verify you are the user listed there.

This is 15.5 version?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. JF007

Jimbo,

I agree admin rights seems to be the most plausible cause given the scenario. I went to Security > Admin Credentials and the account is certainly the one I'm using.

I wonder if running hosting this in the cloud has anything to do with the level of access I have.

Yes, I am running 15.5

17. JF007

I do have Music on Hold. I must be missing something else as I only have 17.

18. JF007

I signed up for a free year of cloud hosted 3CX. I got a username, pw, URL, etc. to log in. When I log in as admin I see 17 items in "Settings" I do not see Licensing or Templates.

I'm incredibly frustrated. I'm about to give up on 3CX. I thought I had found the perfect system for my needs.

19. JF007

I'm also missing "Parameters". If I am using THE admin account that was provided to me to log into the web console, how do I get access to the missing options? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Wait until tomorrow when the 3CX team can help you. It makes no sense if you are logged in as admin you have limited rights. But this may be just a dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.