No voice after 2 seconds

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Peter Broesder, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Broesder

At the moment I am in Egypt, when I want to make a call the voice drops after 2 seconds, I can hear the answer and then nothing. Is the a solution for this?

Peter

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You haven't really provided a lot of information.
    Is the PBX located in Egypt, or are you attempting to use a remote extension/softphone there? Is this problem only encountered in Egypt? What provider are you using? Have you tried enabling the Tunnel feature?
    I know some Middle-East countries block VoIP, but I'm not certain if Egypt is one of them.

If it is blocked, you'll probably have to use VPN.

3. Peter Broesder

The PBX is located in Germany, i use several providers in Egypt, Vodafone, Etisalat, Hotel Internet. All the same, voice stops after 1 second. Messenger Audio and FaceTime are working good. I face this only in Egypt, In Turkey and Europe it is working correct.

Thank you for your prompt answer.

PETER

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are some free VPN services (I have used VPNBook before) available, that route through North America and/or Europe that may (or may not) solve you problem. If this is a regular stop-over, you may want to considerer setting up a VPN with the server location. I'm not saying that it is being blocked deliberately, but if enabling the Tunnel doesn't help, then it is a possibility.

jed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.