• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No voice after 2 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Broesder

Reaction score
At the moment I am in Egypt, when I want to make a call the voice drops after 2 seconds, I can hear the answer and then nothing. Is the a solution for this?

Peter

You haven't really provided a lot of information.
Is the PBX located in Egypt, or are you attempting to use a remote extension/softphone there? Is this problem only encountered in Egypt? What provider are you using? Have you tried enabling the Tunnel feature?
I know some Middle-East countries block VoIP, but I'm not certain if Egypt is one of them.

If it is blocked, you'll probably have to use VPN.

You haven't really provided a lot of information.
Is the PBX located in Egypt, or are you attempting to use a remote extension/softphone there? Is this problem only encountered in Egypt? What provider are you using? Have you tried enabling the Tunnel feature?
I know some Middle-East countries block VoIP, but I'm not certain if Egypt is one of them.

The PBX is located in Germany, i use several providers in Egypt, Vodafone, Etisalat, Hotel Internet. All the same, voice stops after 1 second. Messenger Audio and FaceTime are working good. I face this only in Egypt, In Turkey and Europe it is working correct.

Thank you for your prompt answer.

PETER

There are some free VPN services (I have used VPNBook before) available, that route through North America and/or Europe that may (or may not) solve you problem. If this is a regular stop-over, you may want to considerer setting up a VPN with the server location. I'm not saying that it is being blocked deliberately, but if enabling the Tunnel doesn't help, then it is a possibility.

Reactions: jed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.