No voice detection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by djdehaan, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdehaan

I am reviewing the 3CX system. I have one problem. When I am connected to someone, the sound coming back to me is suffering from the feature that it becomes completely silent when the voice (noise) level is too low. Is that the VAD function? Anyway, this effect is so rigid that it is very irritating. The silence feels like the connection is lost. Funny is, i think, that this happens with sound to me, but my sound is not surpressed when i dont speak.

I noticed this has to do with the codec, but i dont know how exactly i can manage this.

Any help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

give some more information:
    are ports open?
    whico phone do you use?
    verion and so on

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. djdehaan

In house i use a siemens C455IP phone. The server running 3CX goes to a VoiP SIP account via the Siemens SX762 also in the local network. On the server no firewall is active, on the internet router (also the SX762) all ports as required by 3CX are open (the UPD ones from 7000 - 7009.). i use the latest version of 3CX.

4. djdehaan

Anyone?

5. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I know Siemens also uese RTP port 5004. Did you open that?
    Desnoods praat Ned. in een PM tegen mij. Of voeg me toe op MSN, dan help ik je graag

6. djdehaan

UDP 5004 is open.
    I will add you to my MSN if ok to you.
    Thanks!

DJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.