No voice from Grandstram HT286 to outsidelines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MiB, Apr 8, 2007.

1. MiB

MiB

I have problems with voice out when using my HT286. When I dial an outside number I can hear the voice but the outside line can't hear me.

I have also installed X-lite, 3cx, SJphone and a few others and none of the softphones have the problem when dialing an outside line.

When dialing the local extensions for the HT286 from a softphone (or the other way around) I don't have the problem - the voice is crystal clear to and from both ends.

So I'm a bit puzzled here and would appreciate any kind of help.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MiB ,

any firewalls?

Also you need outbound enabled on the 3cX to make outbound calls.

Is there a log entry in the server log? perhaps you media server is playing up. (try to do a reboot).

Henk.

3. MiB

MiB

Hi Henk,

Thx for you answer.

I would guess it's nothing to do with the firewall 'cause the softphones haven't got the same issue. But f.y.i. I have allowed traffic for UDP 5060, 5004, 7000-7100, 9000-9100.

No log entries - so nothing to go at here. I have tried to restart and reboot the server. No luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta be something there, otherwise it is not handled by 3Cx every call creates a log entry.

I had the same problem at some stage that the called party could not hear me. (forgot how to fix that actually) but it could be as simple as codec.

The codec should be G711 u/a.

Can you try to call an extension (that is diverted to VM) and leave a message. Than play it back using the phone (dial 999 and follow the prompts) let me know what happens. I am trying to eliminate from inside out.

Thanks
    Henk

5. MiB

MiB

When I called the VM no voice was recorded....

And for some reason, I tried to give the HT286 static IP instead of DHCP IP - And I gave it the same IP as the DHCP would have given the HT286.

Now it works like it is intended - Don't know why but perhaps its a bug in firmware in the HT286.

And thx for you time and effort :eek:)

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The Grandstream HT 286 is an FXS adapter, so it can not be used as a VOIP Gateway. For list of supported and tested VOIP Gateways, check here

http://www.3cx.com/support/voip-gateways.html

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No problem.