• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Voice on calls outside lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayhooker

Reaction score
I have the 3cx software working very well on my Lan but when I try to use Softphone,or grandstream 285
outside on the internet i get no voice. The phones all regester correct and you can call to them and they
ring . You can call back in the 3cx phone on Lan from the outside internet phone and they ring also. But no Voice???
I have done the settings for Grandstream per the instruction of 3cx manual. I have also opened ports on both
sides for 5060-5064,5090-5094,9000-9049.
Any thoughts???

I would suspect that you have not enabled STUN in the set. The 3CX log probably shows it being registered using the private IP, rather than the public, at the far end.

Hello,

Please , perform the following simple steps:

1. Stick firmly to guidelines for configuring and forwarding ports on main site (with 3CX server). What you say in your post is not what you have to do (still may be working).

2. Run firewall checker on 3cx server.

3. Make sure you have configured STUN correctly on remote extensions (check with configuration guidelines for supported phones) or use a tunnel connection.

If problems persists, this is a NAT / firewall issue at remote site. Investigate it (wireshark, 3cx logs).

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.