No Voice when call's are or Received

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fritz.Kahn, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fritz.Kahn

Hey guy's

I know this is a topic that has been raised, but I feel that my situation is different.
    I'm running the 3CX SIP server version 5.0.3790.0 and all the lines and extensions are working fine. It is installed on a Windows XP pc which has the Firewall disabled and is part of a Domain.
    The VOIP router is a D-Link DVG6008S and that also is working fine as internal call's to extension number works. However when I make a call to a land line then there is no sound received or sent. However when I receive a call on the extension then I can hear the person that called but the person can't hear me?
    Someone said that this is a codec problem between the router and the SIP server but I am not so sure as I have tried all the available ones.

If anyone has any advice please let me know?

Thanx

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Maybe a stupid question, but did you make an outboundrule for calling out? Before we go deeper this is the first important question. Also, don' t forget to put the box for " strip digits" from 1 to 0 in case you don' t need prefixes etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fritz.Kahn

Hey landfiets

Not a stupid question at all, I never knew that you needed outbound calling rule to make call's...I thought it was only for blocking call's.
    Not sure about the "strip digit's" option, but I will check, I have never stup a VOIP system before so this is my first time...

Thanx for the advice, I'll let you know the outcome.

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

In the outboundrule you need to fill out what extension ranges or what prefixes should be configured. Make it as simple as possible. When you can work without prefix do that. So just fillout that extension p.e. 100 needs to call out with provider "so and so". Then don' t forget to make the 1 from " strip digits" a 0, otherwise it will strip the first digit and your call is still going nowhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fritz.Kahn

Thanx man, got that in and was also advised to set the codec?
    Where and what are codec for VOIP? I know my router has a codec setting on it, but where does it ask for codec setting's in 3CX (which I updated to version 5.1 now, it's the free version)

Thanx

6. Fritz.Kahn

One other thing, when adding a VOIP line, firstly waht is that and where does it wanna register?
    Can I not setup my SIP server as a VOIP provider?

7. landfiets

landfiets New Member

The line is the voipprovider where you make the calls with to the outside world. So for instance when you register with voipbuster, you can make calls almost for free to european countries. The codec is the little part which contains the audio package of what you say to the other and what the other says to you. Just put it on G711 thats fine.
    Read the manual and read about VOIP a lot, you will better understand what it' s all about.
    Your 3cx is a sipserver only for internal calls. It will call external to normal phonenumbers as soon as you add a voipline like I said, voipbuster, voipcheap, or voipdiscount or sipgate........... Search for them on google.
    The voipprovider makes the connection between you and the normal telephonenumbers in the world.

8. Fritz.Kahn

Thanx landfiets

That last quote made alot more sense and cleared everything up for me...much appreciated man!

Shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.