• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Voicemail Greeting Played For External Callers/No Message Recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivermsubadra

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with getting the voicemail to work when an external caller is directed to an extension's voicemail.

When making a call from one of our internal VOIP phones to one of our internal VOIP phones, the voicemail greeting is played and the caller can successfully record a message. However, when an external caller is directed to voicemail, no message is played and the line is absolutely silent. This means that the cannot save a recorded message.

I've had a look at the firewall, and it doesn't look as though any sound is being rejected. The 3CX Activity Log doesn't give us any clue as to what might be going wrong. Is there a config setting I'm missing?

I assume that outside calls to an extension, that answers, have no audio problems?

Did this work in the past, or has it been this way right from start?

Does the 3CX firewall test pass?

Codec issue?

It was a codec issue. I checked our VOIP provider's supported codecs, and they didn't match up with the codecs in the Advanced trunk settings. Changed them and everything worked beautifully. Thank you leejor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.