• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Voicemail - newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmartin

Reaction score
We have 3CX Free Edition running on WinXP/2.9GHz Pentium. No Gateway/no VoIP provider. Using Grandstream GXP2000 & Snom 190 phones & X-Lite softphone. Works great except for Voicemail. Ext calling another ext that NoAnswers gets Reorder after timeout. Calling 999 gets the prompt menu, and pressing 9 gets another menu. Is this supposed to work on Free Edition, and if so how do I set it up?
Thanks for any help.
Ken Martin

Here is segment from Server Activity Log showing ext 100 calling 101. Why does a Fax Service item show up? There was no Fax activity.

• 13:59:26.671 [CM503008]: Call(54): Call is terminated

13:59:26.656 [CM503015]: Call(54): Attempt to reach <sip:[email protected]> failed. Reason: No Answer

13:59:26.218 [CM504008]: Fax Service: registered as sip:[email protected]:5060 with contact sip:[email protected]:5100;user=phone

13:58:26.765 [CM505001]: Ext.101: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: GrandStream;Mod: GXP2000;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, no-replaces, unable-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Grandstream GXP2000 1.1.6.16] Transport: [sip:192.168.250.154:5060]

13:58:26.750 [CM503002]: Call(54): Alerting sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp

13:58:26.625 [CM503004]: Call(54): Calling: Ext:Ext.101@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp]

13:58:26.625 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]>

13:58:26.609 [CM505001]: Ext.100: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: GrandStream;Mod: GXP2000;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, no-replaces, unable-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Grandstream GXP2000 1.1.6.16] Transport: [sip:192.168.250.154:5060]

13:58:26.593 [CM503001]: Call(54): Incoming call from Ext.100 to <sip:[email protected]>

If i understood what youre asking for this should help you.

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exampleim8.jpg
Forwarding to Voice Mail 100 means that all calls will go to the Voice Mail for Extension 100.
or for any other extension, for example extension 666 you have to say : Forward to Voice Mail : Extension 666.

So,

1)xXx Calls 100 who is Busy.
2)xXx Gets Forwarded to 100's voice Mail.
3)xXx Leaves a Voice Mail to 100's voice Mail
4)100 is not busy anymore and picks his phone (Ext 100) up and calls 999.
4)100 Enters his Pin Number to Enter his voice Mail and Check his messages.
or
5)100 uses a friend's phone which is Extension 150 for example and wants to call his Voice Mail to Check for any messages.
To do this, he calls 999 and and presses Pound. if he does this the Operator Will ask for the Extension he wants to check the Mail for, and after she also asks fort he Pin for the Voice Mail he wants to check.

I hope it's clear enough.

Correct me if i didn't understand your request and answered a totally different question.

Thanks for the responses!

The version we are using is 3CXPhoneSystem7_3775, downloaded & installed on 11/21/08. We had trouble installing the 3cxvoipclient6 softphone (it wouldn't install on same PC that PBX is on, and asked for 'tunnel info' when trying to put it on a laptop, so we installed X-Lite on the laptop).

Here is a better explanation of our problem:

Ext. 100 (GXP2000) calls ext. 101 (GXP2000) & hears ringtone.
Ext. 101 is not answered; rings for about 60 seconds; stops ringing; & displays '1 New Missed Call'.
Ext. 100 stops hearing ringtone, then hears reorder tone.

We expected ext. 100 (the caller) to hear a VM prompt after the 60 sec. timeout, and then be allowed to leave a VM. The 'Enable VM' box is checked on all extensions on the 'General' Edit Ext. tab. VM is never offered on any phone. No Call Forward is configured.

We can access a mailbox by Dialing 999 & entering PIN, which then says "You have no messages". Entering *4101 to try to leave a VM gets reorder.

Should VM work as we expect here? I'm sure we are missing something simple.

Thanks again.
kmartin

Configuring Call Forward to divert Ext. 101 to VM on No Answer worked to a point - now the VM prompt plays and seems to accept a message. However, after pressing 0 to Save the message, a prompt says "Message Save Failed", and there is no message in the Ext. 101 mailbox.

I am located in Corinth, Mississippi, and work for a descendant of ITT Telecommunications.
Thanks for all the help!
Ken

Matt,

Saying message & hanging-up doesn't work either - target extension still says "You have no messages".

Hey, thanks for all your help! Maybe I should have downloaded v6 rather than v7 beta, since I am a newbie on this system. I am impressed with the system - only VM is a problem for me, and I'm sure there is a simple answer. I may work with the system more a little later - have to attend to other things now.

Thanks again!
Ken

I have just installed 3CX and I am impressed. However, I have exactly the same problem as mentioned above. When I try and save a message it says "message saving failed".

I have installed the server on a WIN XP machine will this make a difference? I have also used the version 7 server and client. All else seems to be working.

Regards,

Skeep

Hi ALL,

I´m having exactly the same problem. I´m using the latest build on version 7, Windows XP Pro SP2, IIS, Linksys PAP2.
I guess the problem is related with permissions, because I can´t see the folders for the extentions in ../ivr/voicemail.

Regards,

Ed

Dito there are no folders in my installation either. Does the voicemail service need to run under an administrators accout?

Comments

Here is segment from Server Activity Log showing ext 100 calling 101. Why does a Fax Service item show up? There was no Fax activity.

Fax activity shows up yes in the logs. The logs capture everything. You can have many things going on at the same time. When you look at logs don't expect to make CALL A and see only the triggers made for that CALL A. In fact whilst you were making that call to voice mail the FAX server TImeout for registration happened to time out so it re-registered again. This is a real time logging system so you are going to information of what is going on in the background as well.

--------------

The version we are using is 3CXPhoneSystem7_3775,
Please uninstall this version
Run the 3cx Installation checker tool to confirm that you have no traces on the machine. Download it from here
http: //www.3cx.com/support/installation-checker/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Afterwards proceed to install the latest Final release of 3CX which is vastly improved from this beta from here
http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-links/ (Version 7.4249)

----------------

Is this supposed to work on Free Edition, and if so how do I set it up?
Yes it is fully available in the free version. Follow Leo's instructions to set up
You have to add a forward rule that forwards to voicemail.
Also *4EXTNUMBER (used to go directly to the users voicemail box) will not work because it is a dial code and Dial codes are not available in free versions.

--------------
We had trouble installing the 3cxvoipclient6 softphone (it wouldn't install on same PC that PBX is on, and asked for 'tunnel info' when trying to put it on a laptop, so we installed X-Lite on the laptop).
Version 6 of the voip client does not allow the installation to proceed if you have 3cx already on the same machine. Use Version 7 of the Voip Client. That will allow you to install on the same machine. You can even use the new 3CX voip Phone - this is still in BETA and downloadable from the Voip Client section in these forums.

------------------

About: Message saving failed

This is happening because of rights on your machine. Do the following:

Right click My Computer, Manage
Local users and groups column
Click on Users
Right Click in the white background area
Click on New User...
Add the user ASPNET
Give it permissions as a Member of Power Users
Save and exit computer management.

Go to Start\ services.msc
Restart the service named IIS ADMIN.

The voicemail service doesnt need to run under the administrators account. This is a permissions issue. Voicemails cannot be saved in the folder. The the voicemail is not saved, there is no way it is going to be played.

excellent voicemail now working!!!!

skeep said:
excellent voicemail now working!!!!

Mine too!!!
I supposed it was a permissim ploblem, but did´t know which user. Superb product.

Ed

perfect -

Happy for you.

If you can send me your installation logs we can be able to check why ASPNET user was not granted the required permissions on your machine.

To get the logs do the following:

Start / Run
Type the following: %temp%

This will take you to the Temp folder and search for 3cxphonesysteminstall.log.

Zip that file and send it to me by email - [email protected]. Quote as subject of the email NoVoicemail-newbie_ASPNET_XP.

Thanks and regards

An alternative is to change the security settings of %ProgramFiles%\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Voicemail to give Users full rights, since user ASPNET is member of group Users

But the best would be that no runtime data is stored at all in any subdirectory of %ProgramFiles%. Instead it should be saved in "Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\PhoneSystem\..."

Then this problem wouldn't occur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.